Shoulder/Rotator Cuff Tendonitis

Well I went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago to see what was going on with my shoulder and elbow. He took some X-rays, and there was no bone damage. So then he did some tests, and said I had tendonitis, basically from overuse with an arm not properly conditioned for the amount of throwing I was doing(I was throwing ALOT, lol). And he also told me that the elbow pain I was experiencing was due to the stress I was putting on my shoulder.

I’ve been doing the Throwers 10 program mixed in with a couple of other shoulder exercises with the tube and the 3 lb. dumbells. I have also been icing after every workout. I’m probably gonna start doing some light throwing at the end of the month.

Is there anything else I can do to speed up the recovery?

I’d take it easy and do exactly what your doctor suggests he’s the professional even though there are a few here that can help you probably just as much.

yeah I know, I dont want to rush anything. My doctor told me to get on a strengthening program, which I have. And he told me to ice while taking some anti-flammatory tablets (ibuprofen).

I was just wondering if there was anything else that can contribute to the recovery?