Shoulder Problem

I’m curious if I should start worrying or not because when I’ve asked other people I know if something is wrong and I’ve gotten mixed opinions. Okay so when I bring my right arm across my chest (throwing arm) it pops a like 1 or 2 times everytime I bring it across my chest. Also it hurts when I stretch my right arm over my head. When I throw 3/4’s it hurts not that much but some and my velocity I think has dropped because of it. Do you think something is wrong???

Yes. No doctor here but all of the things you’ve described say to me that you have something wrong and that you need to have it checked out by a doctor - preferably an orthopedist.

I would go see a doctor.

What you are describing could be a big deal.

Go see an orthopedist, and make it a good one. Do some research and find out who in your area works for the best college and professional teams and see if you can get in to see him/her. It may be a minor thing, and it may be more serious, but go to someone who can tell the difference and understands athletes/pitchers and their specific needs. You’ll be very happy you did.

Speaking of that Hose, how is your sons impingment issue coming along?

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

He had some tingling in his fingers (another thread) after pitching 5 innings, so we laid off again for a week, kept doing the excercises, and his coach hasn’t used him for more than 2 innings since. So far, so good. No further pain or discomfort or tingling, and he’s getting his velocity back. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

I’m not trying to scare you, I just want to let you know that those are the EXACT same symptoms I had. I recently had surgery for a SLAP lesion on my shoulder. I just wanted to let you know that those fit my symptoms to a T and what I had to go through. I’m not saying that’s it for sure because I’m not a doctor, but it sounds very familiar.

you really shouldn’t be pitching at all with pain like that