Shoulder pain...need advice

Hi guys, sorry for the long read,

I live in Canada and I am a 21 years old pitcher. I am probably in my last year at a competitive level.

I had arm soreness for the last four seasons because now that I have a part time job and that I have to go to university, I don’t have anytime to train during the off-season. My velocity had gone down the last 4 years because of this little soreness.

But this season is different, the pain is too much intense, I can barely make a throw to first base from second base. I went to see a physiotherapist and she told me that it looked like a rotator cuff injury. We had a 2 week break because of the bad temperature and i iced everyday for 2 weeks. At the next game, i felt like my arm was back at 70-80% but i only played first base, just to be sure. I tought I would be back in top shape in a week or two, but yesterday, the pain was back in full effect. It looks like i lost every
progress that I made.

So my question is: What can I do to speed up the recovery process? Exercices ? Icing ? Daily jogging ?

Try wind sprints, ice, then job lightly after u pitch, but jog lighty before u pitch to. Also i reccomend u to try taking a Glucosamine supplement, old people take it but ball players do to. It is a joint soother and it works wonders for me. when i get to the point in the game when im worn and throw more breaking balls (ie. my slider, my out picth) i dont feel much pain in my elbow or my shoulder but thats just me.

hope this helps, good luck

I’ve been havin the same type of trouble with my shoulder and here is what worked for me…In the Mornings I go up to the training room, and do Very, very, very light dumbell shoulder workouts…I’m talkin 2-5 pounds, and then do some band work, then ice… On game days I go to the trainer about thirty min. before i have to be at the field, and I heat my arm for about 10-15 min. then a long shoulder stretching session. This made my shoulder feel like 100%, and I might have gained velosity just because I was more Flexible…

But, my injury is a Rotator Cuff Impingement. Yours could be more serious.

hmmmm, I would recommend going to see a doctor. If this pain has been intense for several WEEKS, it certainly has the possibility of being something serious. Go get it checked out for sure.

give eric cressey’s shoulder saver series a read.

[quote=“obie4life”]Hi guys, sorry for the long read,

I live in Canada and I am a 21 years old pitcher. I am probably in my last year at a competitive level.

I had arm soreness for the last four seasons because now that I have a part time job and that I have to go to university, I don’t have anytime to train during the off-season. My velocity had gone down the last 4 years because of this little soreness.

But this season is different, the pain is too much intense, I can barely make a throw to first base from second base. I went to see a physiotherapist and she told me that it looked like a rotator cuff injury. We had a 2 week break because of the bad temperature and i iced everyday for 2 weeks. At the next game, i felt like my arm was back at 70-80% but i only played first base, just to be sure. I tought I would be back in top shape in a week or two, but yesterday, the pain was back in full effect. It looks like i lost every
progress that I made.

So my question is: What can I do to speed up the recovery process? Exercices ? Icing ? Daily jogging ?[/quote]
If you can’t make a throw from second to first due to pain, then running or icing, etc. will not help. There is something structurally wrong with your shoulder and you should consult a doctor. MRI