Should I train my arms decelerators more than the accelerators?

I’m thinking about doing this to try to prevent injury, however I am not sure if making an imbalance in the rotator cuff will lead to an issue which I’m trying to prevent, i.e. Impingement. I don’t feel pain in my shoulder when I throw, so I don’t think there’s a large imbalance to start between accelerators and decelerators. (If it’s revelant, the only place my arm will feel pain is the UCL, which is a result of a few mechanical issues that are known to put stress on it. Working on them.)

The cuff stabilizes the shoulder. You should do your cuff exercises (J-band routine, throwers ten with a light weight) every day.
I little more work on the back side is fine. Most throwing injuries for pitchers happen at or after ball release. Usually a 1 1/2 or 2 to 1 rep balance is good.

Awesome, thanks. If it wouldn’t be too much of a trouble, could you tell me the decelerators I would want to train more? Want to make sure I have the right ones.

Well, Im not going to get into listing all of the muscles, but, some good exercises are as follows…
One Arm Dumbbell Rows, Lat Pulldowns, Zottman Curls, Facepulls and the list goes on.
The thing is, these are usually considered “accessory” exercises. Or exercises to be done in addition to the main core lifts…for baseball…squat, deadlift, bench and pull ups.
You want to stay away from heavy over head pressing and lateral raises.
So strengthening the decelerators is important. Doing pull ups and scapular pushups are a great place to start. If you are doing exercises like the lat pulldown, face pulls or Zottman curls please take the time to make sure they are being done correctly. Much more important to activate the right muscles with the movement than get sloppy to move more weight. Also, in season, you want to make sure you are not lifting to the point of being very sore. In fact, with a proper balance in programming and design a lot of soreness can be avoided when lifting.