Sharp Forearm Pain When Pitching

I am a 12 year old pitcher and feel a sharp pain in my forearm when pitching relatively hard. I play two leagues and throw a lot. Most of the time, this pain occurs in pitching sessions/practices and occasionally games. I have realized it is noticeably worse in the cold weather. This pain happens for a split second when pitching then goes away directly after, sometimes leaving a “tender feeling”. I am wondering if this could be anything serious seeing opening day is right around the corner for me. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
                                                                                                         Richie

Sharp pain can certainly be serious. You need to get checked out by a sports doc/orthopedist. And you probably need to back off on how much pitching you’re doing.

1 Like

Alright thank you, I threw pretty light at my team practice tonight and my arm felt pretty good.