"Shake Ball"

Ever heard of it? I was looking up the Eephus pitch on Youtube and found it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40t_caBnV3c&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40t_caBnV3c&NR=1

Hose

…also known as knuckleball I suppose.

I have a friend that throws something similar. It’s a forkball thrown to do what a knuckleball does. Difficult to do but my buddy on a good day gets his to dance as much as my knuck.

Well my splitter does the same. When it’s released perfectly, it has no spin, but it travels fast and sometimes behaves like a knuckleball. But I don’t thing that guy is using a splitter/forkball grip? Looks like an ordinary knuckleball.

it it goes like that its not a splitter
its a forkball

they are different pitches

Kelvin please just stop telling people the differences between pitches. The splitter is such a contraversial topic. Some people use splitter and forkball as almost the same. And then the splitfinger-fastball which is completly different.

Yeah, acts a little like a knuckler, dunnit? But look at his release, boys. That’s his index and middle finger tightly together and hard pronation. He throws it like a screwgie if you ask me.

Hose

I’m telling you it’s a forkball.

people need to know the difference

a splitter/split-fingered fastball is not gripped deep inbetween the fingers
it is thrown hard with a wrist snap

a forkball is pushed back into theweb between the index and middle fingers
you dont snap when you throw it

am i right hmmmmmmm

am i right hmmmmmmm[/quote]
Nope, you’re a tool.

get real

This pitcher’s Wikipedia page says that the “shakeball” is a knuckleball.

“Komiyama was never regarded as a truly dominating starter, even in the Japanese leagues, as he never won more than 12 games in a season. He posted an ERA below 3.00 in two of his seasons in Japan, but won only 11 games in both those years, and he has more losses than wins in his career. Komiyama has been known to experiment with various pitches during the off-season, and his most recent pitch, the “shakeball” (a variant of the knuckleball only reaching 50~60 mph, or 80~90km/h) has been somewhat successful against batters. In his prime, he mostly relied on good control and outsmarting hitters. His fastball falls in the mid 80 mph range, but he has a large assortment of pitches, and has used a slider, curve, splitter, changeup, cutter, sinker, and shootball at various points in his career.”

Get knowledge?

jw, but wut does pronation mean

Pronation is the twisting of the wrist for a RHP in the counter-clockwise position. Supination is spinning the wrist clockwise. Supination is what is used for curves and sliders. Pronation is used a little naturally in the fastball, a little more in the circle-change and most in the screwball though the screwball isn’t very popular, pronation of that extent is unnatural.

whats not knowledgable about what i said

[quote]Quote:
Kelvin please just stop telling people the differences between pitches. The splitter is such a contraversial topic. Some people use splitter and forkball as almost the same. And then the splitfinger-fastball which is completly different

am i right hmmmmmmm[/quote]

Kelvin he was just saying in general. You seem to act like you know a lot more than you really do. You have no reason to destroy someones topic like you already have half a dozen others because you can’t shut your mouth. I said not to touch the very contraversial topic of the forkball/splitter/splitfinger fastball. This is not the place to do that. Make your own topic if you wanted to talk about it. And most of us already know what the difference is, don’t act like you need to teach everyone here everything you can. We could teach you a lot.

If you would learn to respect and obey the people that have been here longer you wouldn’t get flamed so much.

[quote=“laflippin”]This pitcher’s Wikipedia page says that the “shakeball” is a knuckleball.

[/quote]That’s great, JD. Thanks for finding that. It seems that the Japanese like to come up with new names for old pitches.

Hose

hose,

If you’re simultaneously into weird movies and novel pitches, check out the goofy Japanese cult film “Battlefield Baseball” sometime.

The anti-hero of this film, a secretive high school pitcher who accidentally killed his own father with his mysterious Super Tornado pitch, goes on to find redemption by leading his hapless team to victory in the Koshien national tournament against a rival team of murderous thugs and zombies.

There’s a little something for almost everyone in that bad movie.

[quote=“laflippin”]hose,

If you’re simultaneously into weird movies and novel pitches, check out the goofy Japanese cult film “Battlefield Baseball” sometime.

The anti-hero of this film, a secretive high school pitcher who accidentally killed his own father with his mysterious Super Tornado pitch, goes on to find redemption by leading his hapless team to victory in the Koshien national tournament against a rival team of murderous thugs and zombies.

There’s a little something for almost everyone in that bad movie.[/quote]

lmao. Sounds like a couple of my son’s tournament games this year.

Hose