SETPRO by Paul Nyman

is this program the real deal? Is it really worth 650$ and does anybody have any personal experience with the program? What sets it apart from other weighted ball programs?

I was also wondering this, but I think like $300 comes from the radar gun you get with it lol. Then that rotational pitching for numbies is $100 so that leaves $200 with the weighted balls and stuff.

I just finished the Rotational Throwing for Numbies. Great stuff for the coach/player lots of info. Tim

not worth the $650 IMO.

that’s just my .02 cents…

It was only 100.00. Tim

tim its not $100 the rotational mechanics for numbies alone is $100 the whole system is $650.

Yes I know, that is what I was talking about RTFN is 100.00. Thanks for setting me straight. You can buy each thing on it’s own. Tim

oh my bad lol sorry about that

Since Nyman is known to post here once in a while, perhaps he can answer your question. Paul?

Hose

yeah bro its legit!
i was on it inbetween jc ball n d1 during a month n fasball went from 85-86 to sitting 90 91 with some touches @ 93
When i got off it after 2 years my fastball went back down to the mid 8’s im getting back on it this week.

good luck son

[quote=“heatrockhurler”]yeah bro its legit!
i was on it inbetween jc ball n d1 during a month n fasball went from 85-86 to sitting 90 91 with some touches @ 93
When i got off it after 2 years my fastball went back down to the mid 8’s im getting back on it this week.

good luck son[/quote]

Ok well I heard the radar gun that came with the program consistently registered 3 mph faster than a Jugs, are you sure this wasn’t why you saw the jump in velocity? Wouldn’t a weighted ball program simply accomplish the same thing? Assuming you don’t have 600$ to spare, or whatever it costs…

I dont know my velo was weird after i did the weighted ball throwing i was gunned the first intrasquad @ 90 91 on a jugs then in the first game @ sdsu i was gunned on a stalker@ 90-93 n for most of the year was 90-93. I still had pretty crappy mechanics for the next few years just mainly throwing the crap out of the ball but then i noticed this past 2 season my velo hadn’t touched the 90’s n my back of my shoulder didn’t feel strong. I also hadn’t done the weighted ball in 3+ years.Im doing the weighted ball throwing just started on monday with no radar n i can already feel the power coming back to my arm n muscle memory, my mechanics also have improved since back in college. I was lucky because paul hooked me up for good price back in 03’. I mean i have worked with everybody n tried almost every program out there n setpro weightedball program is without a doubt worth every penny.My only regret is not doing it every offseason after the initial round. If you do it right youll pull about a mph a week. I don’t know what he’s charging now but if you can afford it go for it.

Good luck

[quote=“heatrockhurler”]I dont know my velo was weird after i did the weighted ball throwing i was gunned the first intrasquad @ 90 91 on a jugs then in the first game @ sdsu i was gunned on a stalker@ 90-93 n for most of the year was 90-93. I still had pretty crappy mechanics for the next few years just mainly throwing the crap out of the ball but then i noticed this past 2 season my velo hadn’t touched the 90’s n my back of my shoulder didn’t feel strong. I also hadn’t done the weighted ball in 3+ years.Im doing the weighted ball throwing just started on monday with no radar n i can already feel the power coming back to my arm n muscle memory, my mechanics also have improved since back in college. I was lucky because paul hooked me up for good price back in 03’. I mean i have worked with everybody n tried almost every program out there n setpro weightedball program is without a doubt worth every penny.My only regret is not doing it every offseason after the initial round. If you do it right youll pull about a mph a week. I don’t know what he’s charging now but if you can afford it go for it.

Good luck[/quote]

Do you have a video of your mechanics? Do you think throwing weighted balls improves mechanics? Some theories say that they force your body to find the most efficient way to throw them, did that happen for you, or did your mechanics stay about the same?

What did you pay for the program, and how did you get a discount? I doubt I can afford a program like that, do you know how different it is from just a normal weighted ball program? Thanks.

Does anyone know if he’s still selling this? I want to get it b/c i’ve heard about all the people who have had success with it, but i can’t find a way to get access to it. Does anyone else?

Well, Setpro is now back up online. The swing mechanics package is available right now, but I haven’t found anything on throwing mechanics. Honestly I think Nyman will sell it again, but I’m not sure as I don’t know him at all.

Ok make sure you post it on here or PM to let me know if he ever starts to sell it again. I would like to get it. I will be watching too.

Can you link me to the swing mechanics package? Can’t find it.