Scouting for a new pitching glove

We’re looking for a new pitching glove. We are seeing on tv that alot of mlb guys are using Wilson A2000. Also I see some Mizuno, but don’t know what models.

Any suggestions? We’d like the glove to be durable/long lasting but still light enough to not slow down mechanics.

The glove we’ve had for the last 3 years is an Easton kevlar mesh glove. It’s about middle of the road as far as lightness goes, but it is easy to catch with and is very durable.

thanks
palmbeachpitching

Anything made by Nokona is lighter then most other companies and seems to last forever according to guys who use them.

I myself am partial to the Rawlings Heart of the Hide Series

I’ve had mine for 6 years now and its still in great shape.

I love my Rawling’s gloves. All of mine have last forever too.

My dad used to have a mitt for almost 2 decades from Rawlings. It broke, but every mitt will at some point. I think almost 20 years is a pretty good life for a mitt. It could have actually been older because my dad play high school play in the early 70’s.

I’ve had a Wilson mitt as well. I lost it, but for the summer I used it, it was a great mitt.

What it comes down is feel. It has to feel good and if it does, get it. I have the mitt I use for pitching and infield for 5 or 6 years and it still works great.

Unless your heart is set on a black mitt, I would stray away from them. My fingers are get dirty after I use the mitt. Especially under my fingernails. And it is hard to get it clean.

I use an A2000 and so did my dad, it’s a great glove, I’ve had my for 6 years and it’s perfectly broken in. I haven’t tried the A2k but I like the A2000. However I like the look of rawlings pro preferred, especially the Trapeze glove, but it’s personal preferences is what it comes down to.

Whatever glove you choose shouldn’t be too large though, saw a kid maybe 12u had a 13" glove minimum. I like to pitch with a 11.5 or 12" glove max. It’s good for fielding my position then.

I love my Wilson A2K 12". Got it for $99 because the store wasn’t moving any lefty gloves!

Those are all good, I own three Rawlings gloves (the previous American ones).

I would love to try a new fitted one.

I have an A2000 and a Nokona. Love both of them.

Rawlings Heart of the Hide 11.5 to 12"

I have a Rawlings 11.5" Heart of the Hide, and it’s been great.

Get something with an open-web (I-web or H-web). Why? It reduces air resistance on your glove, making your reaction to come backers a split second faster, saving you a trip to the ER. :wink:

Just don’t oil the web too much… seriously, the ball can get stuck in the opening.

Johnny Cello, really!!! Reduces air resistance on your glove to improve your reaction time…really!!! This one I have never heard, maybe I might believe (a little) reduced weight of the glove to improve reaction time…but air resistance? Guess I am really out of the baseball technology loop.

[quote=“Johnny Cello”]Get something with an open-web (I-web or H-web). Why? It reduces air resistance on your glove, making your reaction to come backers a split second faster, saving you a trip to the ER. :wink:

Just don’t oil the web too much… seriously, the ball can get stuck in the opening.[/quote]

Awesome, do you stay bald so that when you pitch, your body isn’t slowed by the resistance of the hair?

[quote=“ddavidson”][quote=“Johnny Cello”]Get something with an open-web (I-web or H-web). Why? It reduces air resistance on your glove, making your reaction to come backers a split second faster, saving you a trip to the ER. :wink:

Just don’t oil the web too much… seriously, the ball can get stuck in the opening.[/quote]

Awesome, do you stay bald so that when you pitch, your body isn’t slowed by the resistance of the hair?[/quote]

Go ahead and laugh, but it makes sense. There’s a reason a parachute doesn’t have holes. The difference between the pros and the amateurs are the little things. :wink:

Actually, I believe a dimpled head (like a golf ball) would be more aerodynamic than a shaved head. :lol: