School Lunches

Wow my school did something very good for a change. They put food that is healthy and good tasting together! Now our school has sub wraps. You can even get spinach wraps, that are good for you. I think they have turkey every other day but I can usually find ham or something else I like.

Finally I can go to lunch get a spinach wrap with mustard lettuce and meat, a bag of sun chips or lays baked BBQ chips, fat free milk and an apple or some kind of fruit.

What do you guys have at your schools?

[quote=“Bower”]
What do you guys have at your schools?[/quote]

Absolute crap.

I’ve read fast food nation, and know how deteriorating it is, and yet I still eat it. I should start packing :?

My school has many different choices. We have the main meal which could be like turkey dinner, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, and stuff like that, then we have pizza place which is pizza or quesidillas, next is our sub or wrap station where we tell the lunch ladies what we want on our wrap or hogie. We also have a snack area with like chips and granola bars and a salad bar with fruit and veggies. Our school is getting into being healthy and the stuff still tastes pretty good.

I have never actually had a school lunch here. I always packed, the lunches don’t even look good and then the long line makes probably half of the student body pack something.
The only thing students seem to buy is friend chicken (nuggets, sandwhich, buffalo, etc). Probably cause I’m mostly around guys, I believe there’s the salad option (guys and salad don’t seem to mix often), but it’s not great in terms of choices.

However, Juniors and Seniors go off campus, which is an awesome privaledge as I am a junior this year.

If I had a car on campus I would just go home and have had something prepared and healthy, however I am at the mercy of where my friends go. Ends up being a sub somewhere half the time though so it’s not to bad.

im a terriabe school eater. because im a very picky eater so i ended up having milk and some type of snack. at my school we have salad bar chicken patty penut butter and jelly and a type of hot lunch every day i believe. Of course theres milk gatorade water jucie, snacks and desserts yaaaaaaaaa.

You guys have it easy.
We have pretty much
a.) spicy chicken sandwhich
b.) pizza
c.) burrito
d.) hamburgers and the other foods they fed us since we were in elementary school

Its pretty annoying.
I usually just get a spicy chicken sandwhich because thats where the baseball players meet before we go to the coachs room to watch The Office :D.
But sophomores up can go off campus, its just no sophomores have cars, and its kinda far to walk.

[quote=“Bower”]Wow my school did something very good for a change. They put food that is healthy and good tasting together! Now our school has sub wraps. You can even get spinach wraps, that are good for you. I think they have turkey every other day but I can usually find ham or something else I like.

Finally I can go to lunch get a spinach wrap with mustard lettuce and meat, a bag of sun chips or lays baked BBQ chips, fat free milk and an apple or some kind of fruit.

What do you guys have at your schools?[/quote]

Same with us, our school is nice.

We have on any given day-

A deli,
Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Grilled Chicken sandwiches
Pasta
Salads
Fruit bar
Pizza
Milk, Vitamin Water, Juice
Muffins, Cereal bars, Chips

I love our lunch, our school just did a 51.1 Million dollar renovation and we got a new cafe.