Scap loading?

I’m new to pitching so go easy on me when i say…what’s scap loading? :lol:

ok, i just found out what it was now can someone please tell me how to do it?

Pinch your shoulders when you throw

when? i’m guessing after you break your hands but is there a certain i should remember to do it.

scap loading is not something you should consciously focus on, it simply describes an aspect of the pitching motion. For example, look at a video of Nolan Ryan, you will see that he appears to pinch his shoulder blades together but this is simply an effect of doing everything up to that point right. You’ll probably injure yourself if you consciously try to keep your shoulder blades pinched while throwing. I looked at videos of my mechanics and I appear to “scap load,” but this was definitely not something I was focusing on doing while pitching.

Just my opinion.

when? i’m guessing after you break your hands but is there a certain i should remember to do it.[/quote]

It happens before the stride foot comes down and while you are “passing though” the “high cock position”.

You will NOT injure yourself by scap loading itself because all you are/should be doing is moving the shoulder blade closer to the spine.

You WILL injure yourself if you are not scap loading correctly by simply bringing the elbow behind your back. That is not scap loading. Scap loading describes the action of the scapula (shoulder blade). You can pinch your shoulder blades regardless of what you do with your arm.

Last year i didn’t know squat about mechanics, i just went out there and threw the crap out of the ball. I think what you just said was the reason i hurt my arm. (elbow/forearm)