Scap Loading Degree

Ok I have all way’s wonder this what determines the degree the scaplua muscle loads is it flexibility and strength with good mechanics or genetics?

Also how the hell does roger clemens keep his arm back like this when rotating?

the second picture wouldn’ that be considered a balk? I’m not a expert on the balk rule :? :?

WOW

If you don’t know what a balk is then you need to not pitch lol.

Balk= movement in the stretch position mostly

So no that is not a balk PLEASE EVERYONE DISREGAURD what he said and do not post anything about the balk thing it will get out of control with stupid comments.

Back to the original thread please LOL OMG

[quote=“RIstar”]Also how the hell does roger clemens keep his arm back like this when rotating?[/quote]He can do that BECAUSE he’s rotating.

I got the second one as a balk

[quote=“RIstar”]Ok I have all way’s wonder this what determines the degree the scaplua muscle loads is it flexibility and strength with good mechanics or genetics?
[/quote]

In my view, genetics determines the maximum forearm “bounce” that a pitcher can achieve, but with proper mechanics everyone has a bit of bounce in their motion.

On another note, it seems to me that with your avid interest in mechanics, you might be smart to think about a future in that direction after your pitching days are done. On the other hand, your rude dismissal of anyone who either disagrees with you or doesn’t tailor their message to your personal protocols means you’ll have to work on interpersonal skills before you start working with others. Or maybe not. (See Nyman, Mills, O’Leary, etc…)

Hose

Chickens balk! Baaaallllk! Balllkkkkkkk!!!

Why is it a balk? He is throwing the ball… The only time you can balk then is if you don’t throw it.

And to RIstar:
Flexibility/Strength in the movements and practice practice practice practice practice practice

It just seems like it would be a balk? No?

Because his foot is not on the rubber? He started from the rubber so it is not a problem.

A balk is when the pitcher goes from the windup and steps 6 inches in front of the rubber before pitching :wink:

Clemens reminds me of a balking chicken for only playing half the season… BALK!!! BALK!!!

No. See
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/official_rules/pitcher_8.jsp

Hose

Just being a little sarcastic over here guys…

BALK!

So why do you think it’s a balk?

I’m just kidding guys. Having a little fun over here. Certainly not a balk… Those are some very nice pictures though. I’m a little surprised that the rockets foot isn’t pulled off the rubber at foot strike though. Great hip and shoulder seperation however.

ristar,
where did you get the pictures of clemens, they are great. is there a video clip of this somewhere.

flexibility in any joint is initially genetic. some guys are loose, some guys are tight. you can increase the flexibility needed to lengthen forearm bounce or any movement of a joint if you stretch properly and aggressively. pavel tsatsoulene of dragondoor.com teaches contract/release and the extremely agressive clasp-knife stretching techniques that are effective. you can stretch too far if you’re not careful. without the ability to lay the throwing forearm back to internally rotate over a long distance, you can’t throw hard. same is true of pinching or sliding the scapulars together and then bringing them forward while the throwing arm lags behind. these are critical to throwing hard. it’s simple kinesiology based on physics.

if you hold your elbows at shoulder height with your hands behind your head (fingers not locked together), and someone grabs your elbows from behind you and tries to bring them together behind your back as far as they will go, then you push against their hold with your elbows till the muscles fatigue (may take 30-60 sec.) then they try to bring them together behing you again. your elbows will get closer together. if you repeat this process three times, 6 days per week, you will gain range of motion.

you must be careful, the person doing the stretching must do it properly. if they horseplay with it, they can hurt you bad.

you can do the same thing for forearm bounce using a 4’ 171/8 inch dowel rod (lowe’s or a lumber yard) and you don’t need a partner.

I know in Tuff Cuff they have scapula stabilization exercises since I’m starting Phase 3 I will be doing theses type of exercises more.

[quote=“RIstar”]Ok I have all way’s wonder this what determines the degree the scaplua muscle loads is it flexibility and strength with good mechanics or genetics?

[/img][/quote]Steriods? maybe…

The Report is not to be taken for granted till they have been proven in the court of law and have a chance to defend them selfs. Half of the report is hear say and is not purmisable {sp} in the court of law.

[quote=“tannerlorenz”][quote=“RIstar”]Ok I have all way’s wonder this what determines the degree the scaplua muscle loads is it flexibility and strength with good mechanics or genetics?

[/img][/quote]Steriods? maybe…[/quote]

Steroids maybe? Steroids certainly. Just like I had said a while back. When is a professional athlete going to man up and admit his wrongdoing? Can’t wait until the rocket gets nailed again.