Sample Integrated Circuit Training (ICT) from Never Gymless

This workout is taken from the book Never Gymless by Ross Enamait. Since I just mentioned the book in another thread I figured that I would post a workout to give you an idea of the type of training that is included. You can find this workout, called “No Excuses” on Ross’ website here: http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/noexcuses.html

[quote]This workout will take exactly 10 minutes to complete. There is no rest until you have finished the entire 10 minute circuit. The workout begins with a 60 second interval of each exercise. You then move immediately to a 45 second interval, then 30 seconds, and finally 15 seconds.

No Excuses Workout

First Round
Burpees x 60 seconds
Pull-ups x 60 seconds
Squats x 60 seconds
Pushups x 60 seconds

Second Round
Burpees x 45 seconds
Pull-ups x 45 seconds
Squats x 45 seconds
Pushups x 45 seconds

Third Round
Burpees x 30 seconds
Pull-ups x 30 seconds
Squats x 30 seconds
Pushups x 30 seconds

Fourth Round
Burpees x 15 seconds
Pull-ups x 15 seconds
Squats x 15 seconds
Pushups x 15 seconds

When performing this workout, you will move from one exercise to the next without stopping. There is no rest in between rounds.
[/quote]

Give this one a try if you have 10 minutes to spare and let me know how you did. It is definitely not for beginners but it is a good way to test yourself and see just how much mettle you really have.

Bump to see if anyone has tried this yet :twisted:
Let me know how you do!

hey kc im gonna try this workout soon… but what the hell is a burpee ahha… and for the squats… can we do squat thrusts?

A burpee is a mix of a squat thrust, pushup, and squat jump.

They are killer.

so then for squat could i jus do this at home… im gonna go do the upper body part of that workout you gave me right how

Yeah, the whole thing is bodyweight. All you really need is a pullup bar.

haha arite cool but to be honest with you kc… i cant do a pullup for shit… so to like be able to how can i train so i acn do alot of em

Work your way up to a full one. You can do negatives - starting at the top and lower yourself down slowly. Or get a chair so you can use a little leg power to take some of the weight. Or you can get a friend to lock their hands under your legs and lift up a bit.

Inverted rows are another good exercise that will help you work your way up to full pullups.

But for this workout, you can substitute something in place of pullups. I dont have access to a bar right now, so I do heavybag shouldering during the pullup time.

whats that haha