Running fastball

does anyone know how to throw a pitch from MLB 07 the Show called a running fastball. It looks like a variation of a regular sinker.

I throw a “heavy” ball so i think this pitch will really help me.

[quote=“Too_Mutch13”]does anyone know how to throw a pitch from MLB 07 the Show called a running fastball. It looks like a variation of a regular sinker.

I throw a “heavy” ball so i think this pitch will really help me.[/quote]

[quote]running fastball
a pitch thrown at high speed that moves slightly sideways toward the batter as it approaches the plate. [/quote]

I’d say to release with a little finger pressure from the index finger but if that doesn’t work you’ll just have to experiment.

Kind of sounds like a cutter to me.

Scouts use the words “run” and “tail” interchangeably. It’s just a fastball with movement to the arm side.

how do you throw it? is it just a two seamer w/more finger pressure on the index finger?

If it is i might experiment at tryouts on monday.

It’s just a high 2 seamer; Throw the same pitch low and it becomes a sinker. It’s not always good to have a fastball that has too much run or tail.

i’d say its a physical impossibility… you cant get that much movement to the arm side, (breaks like the whole strike zone) without disgustingly large amounts of pronation, which would make it a screwball.

No one said it breaks the whole plate. We said it breaks to the arm side. No one said how much it breaks.

Here is Roger Clemens 4-seamer movement. Is this close enough to “running” fastball?

thats a perfect example of a running fastball

yes, that is true, but it’s the fact that in the game any pitcher who throws it, the pitch breaks the whole zone.

[quote=“xv84”]No one said it breaks the whole plate. We said it breaks to the arm side. No one said how much it breaks.

Here is Roger Clemens 4-seamer movement. Is this close enough to “running” fastball?

[/quote]

that’s the type of pitch i’m talking about, i learn that it will help me A LOT.

[quote]that’s the type of pitch i’m talking about, i learn that it will help me A LOT.
[/quote]

that’s the type of pitch i’m talking about, i learn that and it will help me A LOT.

sorry… typo

congrats, you just learned what a good 2-seam is.

next

my 2 seam is just straight but my 4 seams got the tail like clemens