Running: Before or After Lifting?

I have been debating whether I should do my sprints before I go into the weight room to lift or save them for after. What do you guys think?

We typically do sprint/anaerobic work after lifting. However, if you’re testing your 30/60 times or vertical/broad jumps, you probably want to do that first, or maybe after a light squat workout.

Thanks kyle,

I have been doing it after for a while now but I was wondering if it’d be better if I did it before. Does it help to run if you’re already a little winded from your workout?

[quote=“redwingpitcher”]Thanks kyle,

I have been doing it after for a while now but I was wondering if it’d be better if I did it before. Does it help to run if you’re already a little winded from your workout?[/quote]

It’s a matter of prioritization. What’s more important? Sprint work or strength training? This will depend on your levels of training and previous experience with both.

Overall it’s mostly a moot point, so long as you are getting your work in. We find that strength training prior to sprint work causes fewer problems than the other way around.