Rotator cuff

does anybody know some good rotator cuff stretches? i really need some

Why do you think you need to stretch your rotator cuff? I get scared when I hear people talking about stretching out the shoulder because the shoulder, being the joint with the greatest range of motion, is held together mostly by soft tissue. You certainly don’t want a loose shoulder as that can lead to injury.

Now, if you really meant to say you want to strengthen your rotator cuff, check out ASMI’s Thrower’s Ten Exercises
http://www.asmi.org/asmiweb/throwers10.htm

my shoulder is really tight. ive already looked at thrower’s 10 but i need more flexibility in my arm

sorry this is old post but when i was in PT i would do the sleeper stretch. It’s where you lie on your throwing arm side and put it out perpendicular to your body with you hand straight in the air (90 decgree angle at elbow) You then use other hand to push down arm towards your legs. You will feel a really good stretch. I would google it so you can see some images though. Also you know the one where you stretch your arm across your chest? Do that but laying down also on your back/throwing arm. This keeps your scalpula from moving a lot so you can get a good stretch there and your rotator cuff muscles (it was good for me because my scalpula was not moving correctly due to shoulder strain. Also another one is where you stand in a doorway with one leg in front of another and put arms out( at 90 decgree angle at elbow) so walls stop them and put your chest through doorway. And last one is where you have a bar perpendicular to floor (fence at field for example) and you grab onto it and keep feet in place and lean back. All of these maybe not all on same day but do them 10 times for 10 seconds. Hope this helps. sorry for no pictures, if you need any more help explaining them you can pm me if you’d like :slight_smile:

[quote=“Roger”]Why do you think you need to stretch your rotator cuff? I get scared when I hear people talking about stretching out the shoulder because the shoulder, being the joint with the greatest range of motion, is held together mostly by soft tissue. You certainly don’t want a loose shoulder as that can lead to injury.

Now, if you really meant to say you want to strengthen your rotator cuff, check out ASMI’s Thrower’s Ten Exercises
http://www.asmi.org/asmiweb/throwers10.htm
.[/quote]

i stretched out my R cuff so badly, i needed a surgery to tighten it.

ps- 1st post