Rotator cuff training

I really want to develop a cuff workout for next offseason. Any key exercises I should know about. What are some of the benefits? Please list as many exercises as possible.

ya sure rotator cuff exercises are good, but their only use is to apparently keep your shoulder area loose.

In my own opinion, i have 3 kids on my team that does all this rotator cuff crap, every single game they play, and you know what they still have pain in the shoulders.

You know why?

WHY?

Because their mechanics are garbage. If your mechanics are garbage, and you are doing rotator cuff exercises, your arm is still going to be sore

I wouldn’t worry about rotator cuff exercises, i myself every single weekend throw around 100-120 pitches each weekend, never ever have a sore arm during the game, always finish ball games, and never ever have a sore shoulder after pitching…

I throw around 88mph. Also in the last 2 years of pitching around 35 games, i have never once lost a game at all, i have gotten 35 wins and i have also have a 2;1 strikeout/inning ratio.

So ya thats my own opinion, those are my stats to back my opinion up.

But at the end of the day you can take my advice, or do whatever you want.

Barrybonds does rotator cuff exercises. They’re just called bench pressing and DB rowing and chin-ups :wink:

But seriously, those movements help a lot. Pulling bands alone won’t cut it.

[quote=“kyleb”]Barrybonds does rotator cuff exercises. They’re just called bench pressing and DB rowing and chin-ups :wink:

But seriously, those movements help a lot. Pulling bands alone won’t cut it.[/quote]

Of course I do those too. I have a full workout program but would you say bands are a good addition to a workout plan?