Rotator cuff Exercises

do rotator cuff exercises help increase your pitching velocity or does it just maintain your overall health.

Would it be good if i did rotator cuff exercises every single day.

Also whenever i take about 6 months off of baseball from throwing(usually in the offseason) Whenever i start to throw the ball for the first time my arm is really sore and i can’t throw it very hard.

Now i was thinking if i did rotator cuff exercises eveyr day. Then the minute the season started my arm would not hurt. Does it work like this or not.

Also does rotator cuff exercises increase pitching velocity. Or just maintain your arm health.

Keep throwing throughout the whole offseason. NEVER take SIX MONTHS off from throwing a baseball. Long toss is the best way to build up arm strength and velocity.

Yup. What redwing said. You should add some longtoss into your routine to keep your arm fresh throughout the offseason. And I don’t think the rotator cuff exercises will increase your velocity but they will help protect you from injury. I wouldn’t do the exercises every day just 2-3 days a week. ( Try Lat Raises! )

I do my rc exercises every other day. And I make sure I do them the day after I pitch for some “rehab”. Long toss is HUGE in terms of gaining velo

i live in Canada. Its 30-40 below outside sometimes and ya usually below 20-25. BRHHH COLD.

So ya from about october-april its pretty impossible because its cold and snow is on the ground.

Its also pretty well impossible to find somewhere inside to pitch. So ya.

i live in Canada. Its 30-40 below outside sometimes and ya usually below 20-25. BRHHH COLD.

So ya from about october-april its pretty impossible because its cold and snow is on the ground.

Its also pretty well impossible to find somewhere inside to pitch. So ya.

can someone link me to proper long toss form? Since I hurt my funny bone from high elbow pitching a while ago, whenever I do the slightest thing wrong I feel it. My margin for error is a bit lower than some peoples lol