Roger

Worked from home today so I could see with my own eyes…don’t like what I saw. Curious to hear what you guys think about both the current situation and it’s impact on Roger’s legacy.

IDK anymore. They said on SNY that Roger was trying to use his HOF (future)
status to gain him support from the Representatives. The Representatives were just shelling McNamee so bad that at the end the Chairman apologized
to McNamee. One guy kept calling him a lier. ROGER’S GUILTY IMO

They’re both conspicuous characters…McNamee with the 7+ year-old syringes…and I haven’t heard such nice things about Clemens as a person. :?

Hopefully it ends soon :wink:

I think you misremember that Roger doesn’t “care about the Hall of Fame.”

Why would McNamee save used syringes for 7 years?

According to him, he “distrusted Clemens to a degree.” Definitely not buying that ;|

Did you get excited when you saw a topic called, “Roger”? :lol:

I think Roger is a very reputable source for pitching advice and a proud member of the NPA

According to him, he “distrusted Clemens to a degree.” Definitely not buying that ;|[/quote]
But doesn’t incriminating Clemens also incriminate himself?

Yeah, in a nervous kind of way… “Now what did I do?” :flush:

Thanks, palo! I really appreciate that. :oops:

they say if they do give Roger a perjury charge that he will get pardoned by Pres. Bush because there close friends.THATS WRONG

better things to do with their time.

Mcnamme is a lying sack of $h!t, he is just trying to discredit one of the best, if not the best, pitchers of our time, and its total crap.
Hes a lying little mouse-looking thing that is now going to go to prison for his lies about selling and injecting Clemens.

And he made a complete ass out of himself at the hearing, evrytime someone would say that his distribution, and injecting of steroids was a federal offense and a felony, he said “thats your opinion”…!!! Are you kidding me!!! So he tries to turn in Clemens for using steroids and breaking the law, but he dont think that supplying and injecting him was breaking the law!!! WTF!!! He is such a retard.

lol
Kenya.

What I want to know is why the government is involved in private business? And if you say its a crime to use those drugs, then why is the Congress involved in a court case when they have nothing to do with it?

[quote=“Jacobs 18”]lol
Kenya.

What I want to know is why the government is involved in private business? And if you say its a crime to use those drugs, then why is the Congress involved in a court case when they have nothing to do with it?[/quote]

Baseball is America’s National Pastime, and as such is an ambassador to the rest of the world of our American way of life. That is why congress is spending valuable time and resources to determine just how tainted our game has become. As to why government is involved in private business, it always has been and must be to an extent. In this case, Congress has issued MLB a special anti-trust exemption, and therefore is a defacto partner in the game.

The Hose

If the illusion is not dispelled, then it remains. I haven’t been paying a whole ton of attention to all this steroid stuff; its too pathetic to fathom. If a person is not taking steroids, then they will come out and say, “I did not take steroids.” However, if they have to get sat down and confronted by a federal jury or whatever it is, then clearly they have committed the act. For if such act had not been committed, then the person that it is believed to have committed the act would dispel the illusion and rumors.

I believe Curt Schilling said something along these lines about Bonds sometime last year.

And yes, I agree, Mcnamee is an idiot. Whether or not he did inject Clemens does not matter.

Pitchking07 wrote:

[quote]Mcnamme is a lying sack of $h!t, he is just trying to discredit one of the best, if not the best, pitchers of our time, and its total crap.
Hes a lying little mouse-looking thing that is now going to go to prison for his lies about selling and injecting Clemens.

And he made a complete a** out of himself at the hearing, evrytime someone would say that his distribution, and injecting of steroids was a federal offense and a felony, he said “thats your opinion”…!!! Are you kidding me!!! So he tries to turn in Clemens for using steroids and breaking the law, but he dont think that supplying and injecting him was breaking the law!!! WTF!!! He is such a retard.[/quote]

I think the issue is that Clemens is that one of the best pitchers of our time may have taken performance enhancing drugs. If he did, then what does that say about the rest of our league, honestly? I am not trying to attack you directly or anything, but you seem to be a Clemens fan based on the context of your post. But take an unbiased approach to this. Now what does it look like?

Granted, yes, Mcnamee is kinda foolish for thinking that he can call a federal offense and a felony an “opinion.” I don’t really get his logic on that one.

[quote=“Xpectus6”]If the illusion is not dispelled, then it remains. I haven’t been paying a whole ton of attention to all this steroid stuff; its too pathetic to fathom. If a person is not taking steroids, then they will come out and say, “I did not take steroids.” However, if they have to get sat down and confronted by a federal jury or whatever it is, then clearly they have committed the act. For if such act had not been committed, then the person that it is believed to have committed the act would dispel the illusion and rumors.

I believe Curt Schilling said something along these lines about Bonds sometime last year.

And yes, I agree, Mcnamee is an idiot. Whether or not he did inject Clemens does not matter.

Pitchking07 wrote:

[quote]Mcnamme is a lying sack of $h!t, he is just trying to discredit one of the best, if not the best, pitchers of our time, and its total crap.

And he made a complete a** out of himself at the hearing, evrytime someone would say that his distribution, and injecting of steroids was a federal offense and a felony, he said “thats your opinion”…!!! Are you kidding me!!! So he tries to turn in Clemens for using steroids and breaking the law, but he dont think that supplying and injecting him was breaking the law!!! WTF!!! He is such a retard.[/quote]

I think the issue is that Clemens is that one of the best pitchers of our time may have taken performance enhancing drugs. If he did, then what does that say about the rest of our league, honestly? I am not trying to attack you directly or anything, but you seem to be a Clemens fan based on the context of your post. But take an unbiased approach to this. Now what does it look like?

Granted, yes, Mcnamee is kinda foolish for thinking that he can call a federal offense and a felony an “opinion.” I don’t really get his logic on that one.[/quote]

I am in no way a Clemens fan, i just have respect for him. In fact, I am an Orioles fan, so u should be able to tell, that i dont like Roger

Well, maybe Roger didn’t take the steroids on his own behalf, but Brian, told roger he was injecting a B-12 shot, so without being skeptical Roger let him inject him. Its like your doctor, when they say you’re going to need a shot, you dont question them, in Rogers case he didn’t question what the injection really was.

I don’t think trainers give shots though…

Cough, cough, choke, choke…

What about what Pettite told Congress? Clemens knew what he was taking, as did Bonds. They were merely setting up excuses in case they got caught. I don’t think anyone foresaw the involvement of the government. “Plausible deniability” based on a story of “B12 injection in your buttocks” wink wink may get you past MLB’s inquiries, but it’s not enough to keep you out of jail if the government takes notice.

And as for not questioning your doctor, please please do just that. Doctors are just regular people who have a degree. Do you know how well your doctor did in medical school? No. You just see the diploma on the wall. He could have been a C student in medicine for all you know…and I’ve seen a few who were in my job. Be careful what doctors tell you, and do your own research, too. It may save your life. No kidding.

Hose

Did he use anything to perform better. I dont know, if I had a hundred bucks and was forced to bet one way or the other I would say ya. This in itself shows just how messed up this is because I have zero eveidence.

Now heres the problem that I have with this entire situation. Clemens was already under the bus long before any evidence was presented. People herd the rumour and he was convicted in the court of public opinion due to one persons accusations. Schilling says come out swinging. There is alot at stake and people tend to tred lightly and make calculated decsions. Any denial may get you a front row seat infront of congress.

For every person who is treated like this and found to be guilty there is a person somewhere who is innocent but who has lost all their credibility. That is just wrong. I would rather have some people cheat and get away with it than ruin lives with unfounded slimbag testimony.

60 years ago simply saying somebody was a communist was good enough to ruin them. It was wrong then its still wrong today