Roger Clemens

As we all know by now, the rocket has been named in the Mitchell Report. Some may say that this doesn’t belong in this section, but let me go with this for a minute. I’ve been on this site for only a few months, and it seems to me that Clemens has been held at the highest of all standards. Not only because of his awards and all his numbers, but also because of his great “mechanics”. So here becomes the question. How do you view Clemens now? Yeah the guy has pitched successfully into his fourties, but with the boost of steroids, who knows what would have happened? Maybe his mechanics aren’t gold like we think they are? What do you guys think about this?

Personally, I’m fairly dissapointed in both Clemens and Pettitte. But I will say that I was the one on here suggesting that both these guys juiced and I took heat from quite a few people on this forum. Has anybody changed their views?

He still is great he just overstayed his welcome… that’s how I view it.

We know Big Mac is not getting into the hall, and Barry probably won’t either. Does Clemens get in?

If I had a vote right now, I would not vote him in.

Mechanically I don’t think it helped him.

But I think it helped him maintain that longevity that everyone always talks about along with being able to recover.

I too am disappointed, but not surprised as you know Hammer, I was in agreement with you and the juice.

Big Mac?

Don’t let em in the hall.

Big Mac - Mcgwire.

What was the rules though on using PED’s when guys like Clemens, Big Mac etc. used though?

If there was no true guidelines about what they could or couldn’t use during that time frame it was ‘fair game’ for everyone during those years…

yeah but they were still ILLEGAL

They were “fair game” if you didn’t mind breaking the law.

People forget that steroids are an illegal drug by the United States of America.

Ugh. I can’t believe it. Roger Clemens?

Does anyone know how accurate the Mitchell report is? I’ve barely heard of it.

All the talk of Clemens’ vigorous work regimen…I mean, I know it was very rough, but now this mixed with it…

[quote=“NYalltheway”]Ugh. I can’t believe it. Roger Clemens?

All the talk of Clemens’ vigorous work regimen…I mean, I know it was very rough, but now this mixed with it…[/quote]

Where’ve you been the past 22 months?!?!?!

[quote=“Hammer”]They were “fair game” if you didn’t mind breaking the law.

People forget that steroids are an illegal drug by the United States of America.[/quote]

Ya that’s true, I forgot it’s an illegal drug according to the United States.

All the talk of Clemens’ vigorous work regimen…I mean, I know it was very rough, but now this mixed with it…[/quote]

yeah I agree with ya man. Tough pill to swallow, but we have to remember as fans of the game that we don’t know these athletes much at all. We see on tv that Clemens may have a good work ethic, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t take roids. I think too many fans give players a free pass just because they love them as a player, when in reality they know little or nothing about their personalities or their lives.

Considering George Mitchell was the former senate majority leader, I’d assume his research is credible…

The report is fairly extensive if you’d take a look at it

I’d say it’s very extensive, it’ll take quite sometime to actually sit down and read the report in its entirety

Surprise surprise Clemens Denies
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071213&content_id=2325308&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb
it all!

Clemens is pissed off now, sounds like roid rage…

Didn’t Mitchell contact all the people in his report and ask for a meeting with them? And pretty much everyone denied the meeting. So then the question is why would you be surprised if your name is in the Mitchell report if he contacted you over it? So then how does this make much sense?

How does this report have unsupported alledgations of roid use?

Clemens belongs in the HOF based on what he did prior to his time with the Blue Jays.

Personally, I disagree. His stats speak for themselves no doubt. With that said, Clemens completely bashed the integrity of the game. And to me, nobody is above the game. Pete Rose had an incredible HOF career well before he even bet on the game, but again, he bashed the integrity of the sport. Same with Bonds, same with McGwire, and many many others. That’s why I vote, NO on Clemens.