Roger Clemens was kicked out from game by a ref?

I saw it in a video. He was pitching from stretch, he putted the ball in glove, but was holding like that for some time and was talking something (to the batter?).

After some time refery just kicked him out from the game.

Anyone remember that?

I really want to know what happened there? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

[quote=“Nikae09”]He was pitching from stretch, he putted the ball in glove[/quote]hahahahahaha

My English is bad, dont know where i made mistake…let me refraze that…he wasnt pitching from windup…it was that other way…how ever do you call it.

I wonder if you would laugh at me like that IRW “seronjo” - try to find translation…

My English is bad, dont know where i made mistake…let me refraze that…he wasnt pitching from windup…it was that other way…how ever do you call it.

I wonder if you would laugh at me like that IRW “seronjo” - try to find translation…[/quote]he putted the ball…

From context, I think that Nikae meant “put” the ball in the glove. I’m not sure that I remember that but it would have been interesting to see. I’ve never heard of a rule where the pitcher is forced out of a game by just talking to the batter from the mound. Unless he could hear him and he continually taunted him in a rude manner, then I guess that he could have been thrown out for un-sportsmanlike conduct.

The game you’re probably referring to is Game 4 of the 1990 American League Championship Series against the A’s. The Red Sox were down 3 games to 0 and needed Clemens to step up in that game. Turns out that in the 1st inning he got into a heated shouting match with the home plate umpire Terry Cooney and it spilled over to the 2nd inning. Cooney ejected Clemens with 2 outs in the 2nd, and the Red Sox lost 3-1. Clemens got the loss and actually was charged with all 3 runs.

Nikae09, they are called umpire’s, or umps, refs are for your football and our football and basketball. Tanner is being hard on you but we would encourage you to keep posting we will eventually figure out what you are asking. Baseball is universal.
jd

Clemens was set, came to a stop, holding his hands, and you could see him mouthing some stuff at the ump, tellin’ him off and all that.

(c’mon, don’t give a guy a hard time b/c of his grammer … this is baseball)

is what happened

[quote=“jdfromfla”]Nikae09, they are called umpire’s, or umps, refs are for your football and our football and basketball. Tanner is being hard on you but we would encourage you to keep posting we will eventually figure out what you are asking. Baseball is universal.
jd[/quote]yea man, i was in a joking mood, i dont have good spelling either, keep posting, it was a good thread by the way, i remember hearing about that

“yea man, i was in a joking mood, i dont have good spelling either, keep posting, it was a good thread by the way”

You should also remember at all times when talking to Americans, that we love humor in most of it’s forms (satire, farce, ironey, the absurd) so take no offense. If we take the time to joke and goof with you, you’ve been accepted…so its fair to throw it right back. Have fun while you learn… :wink:

[quote=“jdfromfla”]“yea man, i was in a joking mood, i dont have good spelling either, keep posting, it was a good thread by the way”

You should also remember at all times when talking to Americans, that we love humor in most of it’s forms (satire, farce, ironey, the absurd) so take no offense. If we take the time to joke and goof with you, you’ve been accepted…so its fair to throw it right back. Have fun while you learn… :wink:[/quote]

You are right.

Its just that my behavior here (or at any other forum) is same as IRW, and I think evryone should be like that.
It has been a loong time since I used English language, thats all.

Now, I hope you understand my point :slight_smile: