Right Now 8:00 PM 11/21/09

On MLB network, we got Sandy K throwing in the 65 WS on 2 days rest against the Twins
Whatta Treat!!! 8)

That was 32 years before I was born! OMG I can do math! :o :shock:

His curve isn’t working so he’s just throwing heat…mid-game he’s sitting on 8 k’s right now. When asked how he felt going on 2 days rest for the 2nd time in the WS he said he felt 100 yrs old :lol:
The thing I’m taking away is; What a battler…he ain’t givin in on nothin…Drysdale has been warming up behind him but he’s just fighting like a dog to get out of each inning, Walter Alston has been out once.

[quote=“jdfromfla”]His curve isn’t working so he’s just throwing heat…mid-game he’s sitting on 8 k’s right now. When asked how he felt going on 2 days rest for the 2nd time in the WS he said he felt 100 yrs old :lol:
The thing I’m taking away is; What a battler…he ain’t givin in on nothin…Drysdale has been warming up behind him but he’s just fighting like a dog to get out of each inning, Walter Alston has been out once.[/quote]

It’s the most important trait of any athlete. It’s called being a GAMER. Most people don’t have it.

After watching this master on the mound I can really say…wow.
I would have hated to be a lefty against him…think, Kruk vs Randy Johnson all the way through a game…he didn’t even have his hook.
The strike zone didn’t even resemble todays (Several strikes called chest high)…He went against Jim Kaat on 2 days rest also…he didn’t get out of the forth.
If you get the chance…take a couple of hours.