Review of my mechanics

I’ve been working on getting hip-shoulder separation, scap loading and getting drive off my back leg. I’ve seen better hip/shoulder separation but I still think i’m not loading on my back leg long enough and then exploding my hip to the plate.

I think my elbow gets to high when in the power position at 90’ degrees, then as I throw i think it gets higher than my shoulder. Maybe I lose some external rotation doing it?

[quote=“NY3”]I’ve been working on getting hip-shoulder separation, scap loading and getting drive off my back leg. I’m not loading on my back leg long enough and then exploding my hip to the plate.

I think my elbow gets to high when in the power position at 90’ degrees, then as I throw i think it gets higher than my shoulder. Maybe I lose some external rotation doing it?[/quote]Oh man, do we need to simplify your life!! Hip/shoulder separation, exploding hips (Ouch), elbow too high, baby finger not at the right angle but only during a full moon, etc., etc., etc. … My brain hurts!!

My advice? Stop the focusing on minutiae for a while and quiet your mind. Focus on only a couple of big picture items and see what happens to the minutiae as a result.

1. Move your front hip sideways for a longer period of time. This will have the effect of lengthening your stride in a natural way. The idea is the centre of gravity going toward the plate in a more aggressive way than the really stunted version you have now.

2. Throw later. Right now you’re in a great hurry to put that front foot down and throw.

3. Rotate your shoulders hard to throw the ball.

4. Throw from over the top of and ahead of the front foot.

Yep, you really have to take some baby steps to improve, you can’t improve things that are part of your technique all at one time they need focus and attention, listen to DM59, his steps are very solid.

DM59

1. Move your front hip sideways for a longer period of time. This will have the effect of lengthening your stride in a natural way. The idea is the centre of gravity going toward the plate in a more aggressive way than the really stunted version you have now.

When I try to this my lead leg flys open as soon as I as stride. Any critique for this?

Ill make a new video soon to check out.

I you truely move your hips sideways then the foot should remain closed longer, the idea is to have the foot and the hips closed until right at the foot plant. If you wait longer then the trunk twist happens in a shorter period of time and can produce more velocity.

You can try to correct this at full speed but I think you should try at half speed and build.

[quote=“buwhite”]I you truely move your hips sideways then the foot should remain closed longer, the idea is to have the foot and the hips closed until right at the foot plant. If you wait longer then the trunk twist happens in a shorter period of time and can produce more velocity.

You can try to correct this at full speed but I think you should try at half speed and build.[/quote]

Ill try and focus my hip to move sideways to not open up until foot plant at half speed. Lets see how this works I’ll let ya know.