Review my mechanics:Rawtalent

Well you guys havent seen my before and i do throw mid to upper 80s so tell me if i can actually improve. The qualities poor because its off my phone but youll be able to see.

looks like you fall off to the side

i tell you what me and you have very similar mechanics lol.

It appears as if in the second video you are pitching from the wind-up? If that truly is your wind-up and if you are really attending a D1 university like you say you are, I have a feeling like you are going to have to change that a bit. The reason I say this is that I believe the NCAA instituted a new rule very recently that states something to the affect of during a pitcher’s wind-up, they must not gain ground on their initial step. It must be either lateral or back. I know that several of our pitchers had to make adjustments in order to comply with the rule. I know it is something minor, but it may be something to work on to help make your transition to college baseball that much easier.

Overall I think you look pretty good. But I don’t care for that big side step. It creates a lot of unnecessary sideways movement that sure could effect control/consistency.

it looks like ur stride may be a little short. it could b the video makes it seem shorter or it could just b me, but it looks like it could be longer

[quote=“RawTalent”]Well you guys havent seen my before and i do throw mid to upper 80s so tell me if i can actually improve. The qualities poor because its off my phone but youll be able to see.

[/quote]

Second pitch a curve/slider? If not, you may be losing velo when you supinate your wrist on release.

Lots of movement in the wind up. A huge side-step, followed by three distinct leg movements - including the swing-out move which can lead to the tendency of falling off the mound. In itself, no big deal, but if pitching from the stretch, this will give runners a huge advantage. So if you haven’t developed one, learn a slide step or shorter/faster delivery from the stretch. I know this is Pitching 101, but I say what I see :wink:

Its hard to see your arm speed, but if you are throwing mid/high 80’s its probably fine. And I like the smooth powerful release and deceleration.

Lastly, you seem to block your right hip out, releasing the ball prior to complete rotation. I noticed that your glove ends up at your left hip instead of your left shoulder, which may help to limit your hip rotation.Another bit of velo lost perhaps.

Good luck!