Rest

On Sunday(1-28-07), I did alot of throwing, probably more than I should have done, but i’ve been throwing very lightly since then because I have practice everyday. My upper forearm, lower tricep, a bit around my elbow, and shoulder just feels tired and sore. I’ve been icing the past 2 nights, but nothing seems to be making it better. Also, I’m scheduled to throw a bullpen today(1-31-07), but I don’t know if I should. Should I try and throw the bullpen, but stop if I start to feel pain, and then take the rest of the week off? Or should I just not risk it? Could this be something I need to see a doctor about?

Play some easy catch and if that doesn’t loosen up your arm enough for you to throw without pain then you need to take some more time off without throwing.

If it is more of a general soreness and achiness without sharp pain I’d say wait a little longer before seeing a doctor. Generally sharp pain or long lasting pain is a reason to see a doctor.

This sounds more like general soreness from throwing too much but there’s no way anyone can diagnose it over the internet so you need to listen to your arm and decide if you are feeling pain or just soreness.

It isn’t unusual for soreness to linger more than two or three days.

[quote=“CADad”]Play some easy catch and if that doesn’t loosen up your arm enough for you to throw without soreness then you need to take some more time off without throwing.

If it is more of a general soreness and achiness without sharp pain I’d say wait a little longer before seeing a doctor. Generally sharp pain or long lasting pain is a reason to see a doctor.

This sounds more like general soreness from throwing too much but there’s no way anyone can diagnose it over the internet so you need to listen to your arm and decide if you are feeling pain or just soreness.

It isn’t unusual for soreness to linger more than two or three days.[/quote]

I agree.

Redsox,
I see that you posted a couple weeks ago that your elbow was hurting. It seems like this isn’t the first time you’ve had elbow pain. If a few days rest doesn’t help or the pain comes back I’d recommend seeing a doctor for sure.

well i talked to the trainer today at school. she did a numerous ammount of tests to see what it could be, and she said it was likely tendonitis. ice, stretching, and rest for a few days will subside the pain