Release point drill

my son throws low is there a good drill for this,i think it is just his release point

Release point is the result of the mechanics leading up to it. So look for something earlier in his delivery that might be causing the low release. Or post some video of your son so we can take a look.

[quote=“Roger”]Release point is the result of the mechanics leading up to it. So look for something earlier in his delivery that might be causing the low release. Or post some video of your son so we can take a look.[/quote]can you tell me something to look for

I’m with Roger. There could be any number of issues earlier on this can cause problems. I’m not a believer in the use drills or other things that intend to manipulate the release point. This action is happening so fast that you won’t really be able to do much about it in a direct way. Solid, repeatable mechanics that are practiced in an environment as close as possible to what he will be facing in games is key. For example, target practice on flat ground, at less than game intensity and/or from the wrong distance, will not translate to the game environment and may even make things worse.

At foot strike where are his hands?
His glove hand should be in front and it should look as if he’s looking at his watch (Thumb down arm bent comfortably…not straight out) and his throwing arm should be at the furthest back his hand goes in delivery with his fore arm at a 45 degree to his arm and ready to deliver the pitch…this is an instantanious thing and should not be anything but smooth and flowing (As opposed to segmented). This puts him in the power position and allows for the most mechanically sound delivery of the ball.

Balance issues. Inappropriate posture (head and shoulders out front too soon and/or too far). Glove instability. Other?