Reinventing Myself

I have to reinvent myself as a pitcher. I need help on how to develop mechanics that will cause me to throw hard, but I need control, too.

what do your mechanics look like now?

Here, in slo-mo

I have hyperabduction, look at how my PAS arm looks like I am raising my hand in my 2nd pitch.

Whats wrong with having a PAS hyperabduction, as long as the elbow is below the shoulder plane at release?

Well, it takes away my deception, and when I am at the power position, it looks like my elbow is above my shoulder.

Truth be told, I just need to change my mechanics.

It’s up to you to decide what you want to do. But I would just focus on one thing at a time; if you’re concerned because you hyper abduct your shoulder then you should focus on fixing that.

You have some timing issues which is causing your arm action issues and probably a lot of other things looking at this real quickly.

You break your hands too early (with your lead leg on the way up), which causing a lot of “slop” in your arm action as it’s in the “high zone” position (a lot of time is spent with your throwing arm doing nothing but waiting for the rest of your body to catch up).

Look at some video of some high level throwers and take note of their timing and how their body’s move in a fluid motion all the way to release.

Then try to do that. 8)

[quote]You have some timing issues which is causing your arm action issues and probably a lot of other things looking at this real quickly.

You break your hands too early (with your lead leg on the way up), which causing a lot of “slop” in your arm action as it’s in the “high zone” position (a lot of time is spent with your throwing arm doing nothing but waiting for the rest of your body to catch up).

Look at some video of some high level throwers and take note of their timing and how their body’s move in a fluid motion all the way to release. [/quote] Great tip!! I moved to a later hand break and the “slop” is basically gone! I am throwing my good fastball again, and my arm isn’t sore anymore. Do you have any tips on adding arm-side run to a fastball?

Wow… A couple hours later and all your problems are gone huh? :lol:

:shock:

Oooh kay… :roll:

Arm side run (basically any fastball movement) can be accomplish several different ways - finger pressure, arm slot, how your hand/wrist is positioned at release etc.

You could try finger pressure which would maybe be the fastest way to see results, or you could try lowering your arm slot. But lowering arm slot/changing posture isn’t something that you can do in a couple hours or days or even months though.

Well, I threw a good bullpen today. :smiley: Um, I tried finger pressure, and it didn’t work, what are different wrist action techniques?

Didn’t you say you threw 69 mph? And you’re 12?
You don’t need to reinvent yourself, I understand it’s the off-season and you want something to do but just stick with working on what you’re already good at and make it great.

Well, my velocity dropped tremendously, and I have to reinvent myself TJ. I actually think the radar gun was juiced that day.