Rehab

well, i went to the doctor today and he said im ahead of schedule as for healing of the elbow, so he started me on my throwing program, its like this…45 ft to 60 ft to 90 ft to 120 ft to 150 ft to 180 ft…dr andrews made this program so you know its good, im really going to try not to rush it…i will update every day i throw, which is every other day, right now the elbow feels great and im pumped to get going and start my jobes and leg weights…ill update tommorow after i throw

Nice to hear your ahead of scedule :lol: 8)

Excellent Tanner. I’m looking forward to reading your updates.

Thats excellent news! What was your problem again, you had arthro surgery to shave a bone right?

[quote=“FSTBLLTHRWER”]Thats excellent news! What was your problem again, you had arthro surgery to shave a bone right?[/quote]thats right sir…as for the day…warmed up from 25 ft and it felt good so i threw 25 throws from 45 ft and then took a 10 minute break and did the same thing…everything felt good, some very very minor pain in 2 throws but the dr said i might have a little the first few days…as for weights and training…started tuff cuff today…did the in season exercise 1 cardio core…1 is the tubing and that went good, no pain, cardio was a 25 minute jog, and core i did 6 exercises with 15 reps…everything is going good so far…haha too bad its only one day into it…no throwing tommorow, just weights and a game, but i wont play in it hahaha…ill let ya know how weights and the game goes tommorow afternoon, later guys

Tanner, you’re scaring me, man. I hope you really warmed up before throwing. And you’re staying within your doctor’s limits, right? Don’t get fooled into thinking that just because things feel good that you can push the envelope. It ain’t worth it to risk re-injury. Be patient - you’ll get there in proper time and you’ll be strong and healthy.

Tanner, you’re scaring me, man. I hope you really warmed up before throwing. And you’re staying within your doctor’s limits, right? Don’t get fooled into thinking that just because things feel good that you can push the envelope. It ain’t worth it to risk re-injury. Be patient - you’ll get there in proper time and you’ll be strong and healthy.[/quote]i did, this program was created by dr andrews, the dr who did surgery on roger clemens and is considered the best doctor in the country, i stretched and ran a bit to get my blood going and then threw very very lightly and it felt good…friday now i just add a rep to it if it feels good tommorow without pain, but i dont throw tommorow, its just to see if it hurts a day after

Yea, Dr. Andrews knows what hes doing, that man has extended more pitchers careers than anyone else on the planet, some with hall of fame credentials like Clemens, Schilling I believe, Smoltz, ect…

yesterday went good, i did cardio- 6 poles sprinting, and lifted with my lower body, my arm felt great, didnt throw at all, but i stretched it and it was a little stiff but no pain, the team lost both games and its obvious i need to get back, but i dont want to rush it, today i od 3 sets of 45 ft throws, ill let ya know how it goes, well i gotta go coach little kids now, ill update soon

Sounds good, how much longer are you expecting before you are back at full health? At this rate, my guess would be another 2 or 3 weeks at most!

[quote=“FSTBLLTHRWER”]Sounds good, how much longer are you expecting before you are back at full health? At this rate, my guess would be another 2 or 3 weeks at most![/quote]the dr said 6 weeks after surgery and its been 3, so ur about right, as for how todya went, did the 3 sets 25 reps from 45 ft away, no pain, then i went and did tuff cuff and everything was fine, tommorow is off from throwing but not from lifting, then sunday is my throwing day at 60 ft 2 sets, 25 reps and no weights, ill update tommorow

How hard of a thrower were u before Tanner?

[quote=“FSTBLLTHRWER”]How hard of a thrower were u before Tanner?[/quote]low 90s, upper 80s when i was hurt and throwing thru pain

Wow, I bet the team can’t wait to get you back lol. I wanna be up there by the time I’m 17-18, how hard did you throw when u were 14?

[quote=“FSTBLLTHRWER”]Wow, I bet the team can’t wait to get you back lol. I wanna be up there by the time I’m 17-18, how hard did you throw when u were 14?[/quote]70 75 mph

Well I guess despite the fact that I don’t know how big or well conditoned you were at that point compared to now, I supposed that bodes well for me. I’m 5’10" projected at 6’2"-6’4", very well conditioned, and throw 75-80 right now. Were you on any scouts radars before your injury?

[quote=“FSTBLLTHRWER”]Well I guess despite the fact that I don’t know how big or well conditoned you were at that point compared to now, I supposed that bodes well for me. I’m 5’10" projected at 6’2"-6’4", very well conditioned, and throw 75-80 right now. Were you on any scouts radars before your injury?[/quote]last summer when i just turned 17 i was throwing 90, then this spring i was around there also, but i was injured, i was projected to go 15-23 rd round in the draft but my injury is what kept me from getting drafted, i should still be in hs, i wasnt very well conditioned back then haha, jus kinda natural ability until last year, when i got serious