Regaining fastball speed after elbow injury

I am 15 and last year, I found out I had been pitching with a fractured elbow and a partially torn tendon and muscle. I couldn’t pitch my freshman year. I also could lift weights or work out with my arms. I am just starting to come back. The other night I pitched and my fastball was slow. Does anyone know of safe work outs to gain arm strength and gain speed on my fastball again?

It’s going to take time and patience, so don’t try to rush things.
Here’s something I used to do in my pitching days, long ago. I would go to the original Yankee Stadium and watch the pitchers, and I noticed that the Big Three—Raschi, Reynolds and Lopat—were all doing the same thing. They were all driving off the lower half of the body, using the legs, the hips and the torso in one continuous motion, and that was how they were generating the power behind their pitches—and doing this took a lot of pressure off the arm and the shoulder. I picked up on that and worked with it, and I found that also I was throwing harder and faster with less effort. This is one thing you need to do—get your whole body into the action, not throw with just the arm and shoulder. The increase in velocity will come in time.
Also, here’s something else I did as a little snip—you can do this when you’re ready for a more strenuous workout. I would get a catcher, and either he would mark off with chalk a pitcher’s rubber and a home plate at the requisite 60’6"—or, if we could get to an unused playing field, I would take the mound and he would position himself behind the plate. We would play a little game we called “ball and strike”, in which he would position his mitt in various places, high, low, inside, outside, every which way but standing on his head :lol: and I would concentrate of getting the ball into the pocket of that mitt. What a good satisfying feeling it was, to hear that “thwack” as the ball hit the pocket! It was more than just a drill; it was a terrific workout and a lot of fun, and I can’t think of a better way to sharpen one’s control. I did this with all my pitches, at varying speeds, from the full windup and the stretch, and with the crossfire (I was a natural sidearmer), and from time to time we would have someone stand in the batter’s box, on either side, so I could really zero in on the strike zone (which was, in my day, a lot bigger than it is now). Incidentally, I much prefer the use of the playing field; the problem with the chalk marks is that they are too easily scuffed into oblivion! 8) :baseballpitcher:
Above all, stay with it.