Recovery after pitching

Just wondering what you guys do after you pitch. personally i ice my arm right after for 20 minutes to stop the micro tears in the muscles from bleeding. i also eat at least 10 grams of protein to rebuild the muscle. the next day i do 30 to 45 minutes of aerobic activity. the day after that i do a rehabilitation workout with resistance bands, light dumbells, and bodywork. what do you guys do after you pitch.

Mine is prety similar. I run 10-20 minutes after my start depending on how tired i am. Then i ice 20 minutes on, then 20 minutes off, till i go to bed. Before i go to bed, i eat a meal. Hopefully the next morining i dont have anything, so i can sleep in.

The next day i ride on a stationary bike for 30 minutes and rehab my shoulder with resistance bands and light dumbells. Finally, i go out and play other sports to have fun, im still a kid!

RightyRinger,

You should add some light cardio work to your icing right after you pitch.

After i pitch, i try not to ice unless im having some sort of tendonitus goin on. I do Jobes 2 sets of 20 with 5lbs to help my should from being sore the next day.

Thanks for the replys. Next time i pitch i will do some cardio right after. One question should i do cardio with the ice on, before i ice, or after i ice?

Either before or after. The NPA recommends that cardio is a must while icing is optional. Icing should be done for no more than 15-20 minutes on the shoulder and no more than 10-15 minute on the elbow. The elbow is iced for less time because there is less flesh around the elbow.

thanks