Recipes: Nutriton: Supplementation: Articles: etc

Anyways, I thought it would maybe be a good idea if maybe this thread focused on supplement reviews; any recipes we have that pertain to healthy eating, or any cool articles that any of you find relating to training or recovery, or anything that can help us all become better baseball players on the field, and off.

Anyways, I’ll start.

[size=18]Ergopharm GF Pro Cherry Protein[/size]

Taste: 10/10: I haven’t had cherries in a long time, nor can I remeber what exactly they taste like, but in saying that, I will, however, state that this is one of the best tasting proteins on the market. Let’s just say, you’ll look forward to each and every time you drink it! :slight_smile:

With water: Hmm, I find it taste a little like the fruit flavored cough syrup. Not bitter, nor sweet, but definitely has a slight resemblance to “cough syrup.”

With Milk: Wow, just wow! One word describes this drink perfectly, Delicous! It’s hard to describe, but let’s just say, when mixed with milk, it’s like drinking a fruit smoothie. Drink it slowly, because you’ll want to enjoy each sip!

Mixtability: 9

Blender: If you’re going to mix this in a blender, use a low setting because wpi (whey protein isolates) have a tendecy to foam up. Dissolves great, no chunks or little pieces. Smooth

Glass and Spoon: Mixes fairly well, although, there are some little pieces that do not dissolve. I find that it doesn’t foam up this way either. Try stirring it, and letting it sit a few minutes, or possibly stick it in the freezer for a minute or two. I find this helps dissolve what ever’s left.

Blender Bottle: Mixes very well, although it does foam up somewhat. I shake for about 60 seconds, then stick in the freezer for a minutes. Works very well.

Price: 8.5

Sometimes you can find great deals on this protein, but most of the time it’ll retail between 50-60 dollars for a 5 lb container. Worth every penny though.

Ingredients: Outstanding: 10

I’ve used other proteins in the past, and find they don’t exactly help me stay regular (bowel movement wise). This product digests extremely well, and should not leave you feeling bloated, or running to the toilet.

Conclusion: 10/10 Best protein, imo, on the market. You won’t be dissapointed by it.

[GF Pro. Zero carb, zero fat GF Pro contains a proprietary blend of the highest quality whey protein isolates available combined with a remarkable spray dried plasma protein that is comprised of peptides (IGg, transferrin/lactoferrin, IGF-1, TGFß-1) with potent anabolic and immunoprotective functional properties. This remarkable protein has been proven scientifically to lead to increases in lean tissue mass through its ability to optimize protein utilization. Therefore the net result of the proprietary formulation, GF Pro, is the most advanced protein supplement ever created.

Container Size: 5 Lbs.
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (27.5g)
Servings Per Container: 82

Amount Per Serving:

Total Calories 90
Calories From Fat 0
Total Fat 0 g
Cholesterol <5 mg 1%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%
Sugars 0 g 0%
Protein 23 g 45%

Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 10%
Iron 0%

Ingredients:
Whey Protein, Spray Dried Plasma (Bovine), Malic Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Lecithin, Citric Acid, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose.

[size=18]Spray Dried Plasma:[/size]

http://www.ergopharm.net/tech_immunolin.php

I’ll post some more stuff later.

NO-Xplode
Taste: 6/10
I thought this tasted good when I had the first scoop, kind of like sweet tarts, or something tart… After the next scoop, I liked the taste less and less. It is one of those things that becomes nastier the more you have. (I mixed with water btw).

Mixability: 8/10
Mixes better and more completely than ON Whey, but there are still little clumps, and that residue on the bottom of the cup. Had to refill the cup to down all the remainder of powder.

Price: 4/10
Meh. For $40 bucks I aint buying. The serving sizes get progressively larger as you keep supplementing with it. Not much bang for the buck.

Ingredients: 5/10
I knew what about half of the things did. There was some CEE in there…the rest I’m not too sure. Must have been some caffeine I am guessing.

Conclusion: 5/10
Glad I got the trial packet instead of the tub. I wouldnt buy this product. The effects are grossly overestimated by BSN- the pumps are minimal, the focus is more like a caffeine high, and the energy is gone within an hour. There is sort of a “crash” as well when you come down of the caffeine. I gave it a 5 because the product does get you fired up to lift.

The only time I could ever see myself using this would be for early morning workouts.

as much as I am not pro-supplementation, I will agree using them doesn’t hurt, if used with research and understanding.

anyways,
Xyience NOX CG-3
Taste 7/10- I have the lemon lime flavor, it isn’t something I’d drink just for the taste, but I can deal with it.

Mixability- 10/10- just shaking, or stirring with a spoon dissolves this perfect. It doesn’t make the water richer either, it stays exactly like water, with just flavor mixed in. Perfect mixability

Effects- 7/10- I never feel like I have nothing extra when working out. I can lift the same amount, with the same reps w/o using it. But, it does get me focused, maybe it’s just the placebo effect, maybe not. Plus, I’m never sore after workouts when I have used it.

Price- 8/10- only $35+ s/h at the website I use. Not horrible portions, only have to use 2 scoops reguardless of how long you’ve been a “user” lol.

Overall- 8/10- a good product if you want super fast recovery, and I think it adds to my overall workout when I use it. It’s a neat product.