Reccomended vitamins

hey right now i am taking a regular multi vitamin and a glucosomine chondroitin vitamin daily are there any other vitamins or NCAA legal supplaments that someone thinks I could benefit from?

Fish oil capsules, definitely. Other than that… Zinc and Magnesium. Daily vitamins dont really deliver enough of either. You can get ZMA caps that have the two combined (should be NCAA legal) with vitamin B-6. I ran out of them a month ago, and it has made a huge difference. If you arent getting enough protein through your diet, whey protein is a good alternative.

Creatine is an option you can look into as well. I have used the pill form and the monohydrate and can attest to a small difference. Definately not a “must have” supplement.

Hey kc86, ive tried the powder creatine, which one do u think is better the powder form or pill form?

The pills I had were Kre-Alkalyn 1500 and I definitely think that they had much more of an effect than the Creapure mono powder that I am taking now. I chose not to do the loading phase with either, but the powder had more water weight gain than the pills.

The only major difference was the longer endurance (could do a few more reps than normal) and the quicker recovery (in between sets and in between workouts).

I probably wouldn’t purchase either product again, though.

[quote=“kc86”]Fish oil capsules, definitely. Other than that… Zinc and Magnesium. Daily vitamins dont really deliver enough of either. You can get ZMA caps that have the two combined (should be NCAA legal) with vitamin B-6. I ran out of them a month ago, and it has made a huge difference. If you arent getting enough protein through your diet, whey protein is a good alternative.

Creatine is an option you can look into as well. I have used the pill form and the monohydrate and can attest to a small difference. Definately not a “must have” supplement.[/quote]

hey thanks i appreciate the advice , the glucosomine pill im taking also has maganese, i dont know if that is the same thing as magnesium and my multi vitamin has B-6 …btw what are the fish oils, zinc and magnesium each specifically for if anyone knows?

Magnesium- relaxes nerves and muscles. Important for converting blood sugar to energy. It helps the body utilize vitamin C, calcium, phosphorous, etc. Very important to insure optimum energy levels.

Zinc- Extremely important for RNA/DNA formation, the conversion of protein to energy, the prostate, and bone formation. Zinc prolongs muscle contractions, leading to greater endurance.

Fish oil- contains the omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), precursors to eicosanoids that reduce inflammation throughout the body.

vitamins and minerals you can get extremely cheap at your local eckerds or cvs…don’t go to a gnc or a bodybuilding supp store like that for vitamins. Check your local papers and they always have deals like buy 1 get 1 free. They make omega 3-6-9 pills in one capsule.

As far as creatine, i’ve tried 4 different brands. One of the longest most reputable brands is “phosphagen” creatine by EAS, and that didn’t work for me at all but its 1000g for only 19.99 at bodybuilding.com

I’ve tried Green Bulge, it worked well. I put on good size.

I used Swolev2, the first creatine i tried. Taste was good but my diet wasn’t perfect and I wasn’t taking it on an empty stomach so its effects were probably minimal. IE i wasn’t exactly sure what i was doing. It may or may not work well, I can’t recommend it or diss it.

I’m currently taking all BSN products. NO X-plode, CellMass (creatine), and Nitrix. I have more energy, and power then ever. I’ve been using no x-plode for a while but just started using the other two on feb 1st. Size, strength, and energy have all gone up, I’d highly recommend these products but I don’t know if n.o. is allowed in high school or college. Plus its over $100 worth of stuff.

I train more like a bodybuilder these days then a baseball player, so if you take that you’ll definetly gain in size if you have a strict workout regimine and a solid diet.

Green Bulge is only about $30

I tried the cell mass, personall I didn’ think it was all that great. I do wanna try the NO-xplode to see what kind of a kick you get.

Taylor I do the same thing, train more like a bodybuilder, but if you throw in explosive exercises and core work it can be beneficial on the baseball field, its helped me alot.

Remember that vitamine and fish oil capsules can’t replace a fresh fruit salad or a fresh “cooked” fish.
When i buy it it always comes together with discriptions and instructions and it give a warning that it cannot serve as a replacement for “fresh” fruit or a fine “cooked” fish.

[quote=“Pitcherfromnl”]
When i buy it it always comes together with discriptions and instructions and it give a warning that it cannot serve as a replacement for “fresh” fruit or a fine “cooked” fish.[/quote]

that’s so people won’t take 5000 pills a day and not eat any food at all. You would think that would be obvious, but for some people evidently it’s not. I may have said it in another thread but supplements are just that. They supplement what you can’t get into your daily diet every single day. Fish is expensive #1, #2 some people have job, work or both, #3 some people need an excessive amount of calories which either they can’t afford to get from real food or they don’t have the stomach yet to handle the amount of calories…i could go on and on

[quote=“qball22”]I tried the cell mass, personall I didn’ think it was all that great. I do wanna try the NO-xplode to see what kind of a kick you get.

Taylor I do the same thing, train more like a bodybuilder, but if you throw in explosive exercises and core work it can be beneficial on the baseball field, its helped me alot.[/quote]

From what I’ve read, just of other reviews and other peoples experiences BSN tends to design their products to work well in unison with one another, so maybe that’s why you didn’t work well with Cell Mass. I’m taking it with two other BSN products, however I did try No X-plode for a while on its own and had great results.

BSN is probably more expensive then a lot of other brand names that can do the same thing for you, I just tried BSN and i liked the results and once I find a good thing I don’t wanna change

I’ve seen many people recommend a NO called Shock Therapy which i’ve seen many times described as better and cheaper. I haven’t given it a shot since I like No X-plode so much

I believe i’ve read some people suffer some cramping from these products as well, but I never cramp at all even if I don’t take in the proper amount of liquids on certain days, so that may just be trial and error for ya

Universal’s shock therapy is the best and much cheaper, but that is the affect it had on me-everyone is different-