Really dumb question (have to know)

I know pretty much everyone here knows this but i really need to know. Last year was my first year pitching and i was wondering that when your doing your warmup pitches, how do you show the catcher again what you’re about to throw.

I know you have to show him w/ your glove but what way do you flip it for what pitch…for those who know what im talking about, here’s what i think it is

Zumaya does it right away w/his glove in this video before he gets set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka4F6fbBa_k&feature=related

I think it’s palm down fastball and palm up curve??? I’m not sure so if there’s anyone who’s out there please help, my tryouts are on the 17th of March and i would really like to know.

• 4 seam Fastball = flick glove palm down toward catcher
  • 2 seam FB = same as 4 seam but flick pitching hand towards catcher instead of glove, with ball in hand palm down.
  • Curveball = turn glove over so palm is up
  • Slider = kind of flick glove to the side
  • Change up = push palm of the glove toward the catcher
  • Splitter = push glove down

Those are what I’ve always done. All your really doing is showing the catcher what the pitch is going to do so he knows whats coming.

Zumaya signed for all fastballs in that video. To sign a change-up, you have your palm facing the catcher and push forward. To sign a curve-ball, you move your hand in a downward sort of arch with your palm facing up.

Its kind of hard to describe, so my descriptions may be a little off.

edit: velocityaddict got’em, I was just typing my post when he posted so I didn’t see it.

[quote=“Xpectus6”]Zumaya signed for all fastballs in that video. To sign a change-up, you have your palm facing the catcher and push forward. To sign a curve-ball, you move your hand in a downward sort of arch with your palm facing up.

edit: velocityaddict got’em, I was just typing my post when he posted so I didn’t see it.[/quote]

He’s actually throwing changeups in the vid.

[quote=“xv84”][quote=“Xpectus6”]Zumaya signed for all fastballs in that video. To sign a change-up, you have your palm facing the catcher and push forward. To sign a curve-ball, you move your hand in a downward sort of arch with your palm facing up.

edit: velocityaddict got’em, I was just typing my post when he posted so I didn’t see it.[/quote]

He’s actually throwing changeups in the vid.[/quote]

fast enough to be fastballs though right? :lol: