Re: Workouts

Hey, I’m a 15 yr old pitcher and I’m wondering as to what workouts I should do and how many reps and sets. Thank you in advance.

Like at the gym what machines workouts reps sets etc

You may have posted this before, but, it is a very general question you are asking.
What is your size?
Have you worked out much before?
What is your current level of strength?

K thx will answer those questions another time as I’m not sure yet

Very broad question… what are you doing right now?

Standard gym stuff such as Dumbbells, rowing excercises, the windmill thing that you run on, lat pull downs and some others.

Sorry guys I’m not that good at describing things.

Hey BlueJaysFan,

If your body is ready for it I would start lifting seriously as soon as possible. My biggest regret is not lifting in high school. When I did lift I had no idea what I was doing. I will give you my workout plan that I do here in college to give you an idea on what I do. Maybe you could use it for your self as a reference point.

Monday Chest/Triceps

Dumbbell Bench Press 5 Sets x 5 Reps
Dumbbell Incline Press 5x5
Incline Fly’s 3x3
Barbell Bench Press 3x3
Pushups Until I Cant

Cable Tricep Pulldowns 5x10
Cable Tricep Extensions 5x10
Seated Tricep Dips 5x10

(After my workout I like to burnout with lighter weights if I’m not satisfied with my lift)

Tuesday Back/Biceps

Barbell Deadlift 5x5
Chin Ups/Pulls Ups
Barbell Rows 5x5
Cable Rows 5x5
Lat Pulldowns 5x5

Machine Curls 3x10
E-z Bar Curls 5x8
Hammer Curls 3x10
Variation of other curls

Sometimes I will work the forearms with a barbell. (Burnout) Depending What time of year it is I will begin to power clean on back day as well. Have been slacking this year opposed to last.

Wednesday Legs/Shoulders (Can only do what my gym offers me)

Back Squat 5x5
Barbell Calf raises 3xburnout
Body weight calf raises 3xburnout
Box Steps Ups 5x8
Dumbbell Lunges 3x10 Count steps
Jump Rope 3x50 Hops

Shoulders I do lots of band work
Shoulder Press 3x5
Front Raise with weight plate 3xBurnout
Variation of other shoulder workouts

I prefer to get my cardio in after the I lift. I have been biking 10 to 12 minutes burning at least 100 calories. Abs after that every workout if I stick to it.

I may have forgot some workouts, but this will give you a foundation for lifting in general. This may not be a baseball workout specifically, but it will help you. I went from weighing 153 doing 30 pound dumbbells to 90 pound dumbbells in less than two years of lifting not counting my injury days where i couldnt do anything.

Hope this helps.

This is my current workout… Once the body adapts to a specific workout it is in best interest to change it up for a bit.

Thank you I’ll see what works for me :grinning:

What about the other days in the week?

It’s a cycle. Repeat. I use Sunday as an off day or for abs/cardio