Rather be a starter of reliever?

Which would you rather be? Why?

Reliever, go in for an inning or two after the flamethrower to watch them flail at the pissed off bumble-bee I keep in my glove.

Starter

I’m all about the W’s and K’s

Starter its fun to throw complete games

Depends, if I’m on a bad team, its good to be able to start and literally win the game for my team. On a good winning club, startings fun, but I also like the pressure of closing the wins out.

starter and reliver. starter because i love going the distance. reliver because i usually im a closer and love shuting the door!!!

In my playing days, I did both. I was a regular starter, and at times when needed I would relieve in the late innings. I had fun doing both. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Steven Ellis”]Which would you rather be? Why?[/quote] id rather be a starting :baseballpitcher:

Starter. Nothing better than taking the mound on your home field and throwing the first pitch of the game with a brand new baseball.

i like starting cause i like having the team depend on my abilities as a pitcher and win it for my team… and i like to strike out as many batters as i can.
i aslo like closing cause i can just come in and shut them down.

“Why pitch 9 innings when you can get just as famous pitching 1 or 2” - Sparky Lyle

I’ll admit I was a Diva, so for me, Closer. Call me when all the bets are in and chips are on the table. Ian

i’d rather be a starter.

btw, i got a question for jasonlinaker.
do you really throw ten different pitches in a game?

I’d rather be a closer. Come into the game for one inning, no need to worry about pacing yourself. And all you need is two great pitches.

it doesnt matter to me. but if i had to chose, probaby starting because i get a clean inning, i pitch more, and the game is in my hands.

who wouldn’t want to start…

i would rather be a starter because your ERA could be lower if you throw the 6 innings a game. And plus, you pitch for a long period of time.

I did both this year for school ball. Personally I would rather start even though I got my only win as a reliever.

I was both, too. Starter through college. Closer in pro ball. Tell you this though, if you look at this year’s draft, there were TONS of top notch closers from all the major colleges that signed high and will get some big money. In the past, college relievers didn’t go very high. That’s changing, in my opinion. And I was reading on some draft blogs that these college closers will be turned back into starters in pro ball.

My point is that it’s good to be able to do both. I prefer closing, though :slight_smile:

[quote=“Steven Ellis”]I was both, too. Starter through college. Closer in pro ball. Tell you this though, if you look at this year’s draft, there were TONS of top notch closers from all the major colleges that signed high and will get some big money. In the past, college relievers didn’t go very high. That’s changing, in my opinion. And I was reading on some draft blogs that these college closers will be turned back into starters in pro ball.

My point is that it’s good to be able to do both. I prefer closing, though :-)[/quote]

why? pitch almost every game, and just 1 inning? like the pressure?