Random Question

Has anyone ever heard of a little kid (ages like 5-8) throwing a nasty or pretty good curveball? I think I have some friends who they they are kewl and say “I can throw a curveball” and they like lob it to me slow and in a high in the air and they say “did you see that huge break?” im like, you just threw it in the air and high, do you think they are acually throwing a curveball? I mean its posibble. right?

In a way, that’s what they’re doing. What they’ve been showing you is a pitch known as a blooper, an eephus pitch, a LaLob, a “folly floater” and several other names. It’s a slow, high-arcing curve ball that can attain as much as 20 feet high before it comes down. Yes, that is a variety of curve ball. But a pitcher, unless he’s someone like Rip Sewell, who had just that pitch, or Orlando Hernandez, who had it as part of his arsenal, needs more than that. Those kids need to learn a more standard variety of the pitch, and you can tell them that. 8)

Question.

Why do you have a poll about something completely irrelevant to your question?

I think that whoever posted that inquiry about the outcome of the World Series was not really interested in that. What was interesting was the inquiry about the curve ball, and I was able to answer that one. :slight_smile:

[quote=“OffSet”]Question.

Why do you have a poll about something completely irrelevant to your question?[/quote]

Because he’s a noooob

I felt like doing a random poll.

[quote=“CanadianBall51”][quote=“OffSet”]Question.

Why do you have a poll about something completely irrelevant to your question?[/quote]

Because he’s a noooob[/quote]

Thats messed up canadian :roll: