Radar Question - Minor League baseball Family Fun

Principal Financial Group sponsors a traveling Family Fun Fest at Minor League Baseball games. One of the activities is Radar Gun Pitching Challenge. Is anyone familiar with this? How accurate (+/-) would the radar gun be?

Looks to be fun for young kids.

Link to Family Fun Fest
http://www.principal.com/funfest/index.htm?WT.mc_id=crpFFFteam

Thanks!

ya they are probaly not accurate at all. Are they honestly getting your speed when it comes out of your hand. That is what a stalker gun does.

Those ones at the ball park probaly work when the ball hits the net then it radars your speed.

I heard from this kid that he throws 65mph and he went to one of those and it said he was throwing 88mph. LOL.

Also i heard this kid throwing 80mph and he threw it and it said he was throwing 55mph. So ya they are probaly not accurate.

I may be wrong though. Just my opinion

The idea behind these events and their activities is to have a good time. Enjoy yourself, be a kid again - and again - and again. Forget about the MPH and rear-back and let it fly… Just don’t hurt yourself in the process.

And if someone asked you … " are you having a ball?" it’s probably because you’re eating too fast. :dozey: (---- yeah, I know, that’s pretty lame…)

Coach B.

They have these “radar gun challenges” at a lot of ballparks, and that includes some major league as well. You’re right, they are a lot of fun, and that’s what they’re supposed to be; you can’t take them seriously because they are woefully inaccurate. Even a good stopwatch is more accurate. 8)

they are not very accurate. even the dodgers ones are off about 2 mph according to vin