Quick Question

I’ve been struggling to find a windup and stride that clicks with me, and I’ve been pitching all day and found that I can throw a whole lot better at a low angle, say 2 o’clock, 2:15 if you want to get specific.

:arrow: Is this considered side arm or a low 3/4?
:arrow: What should I do to prevent injury from throwing this way, if it’s healthy in the first place?

I’ve probably thrown at least 70 pitches today, probably more actually and my arm feels like it’s thrown maybe 10 overhand. I can now easily throw a slider (with a loose curveball grip) that runs a foot and a half away and hardly sinks, my speed seems to have improved and my fastballs are more accurate.

Make sure you don’t open up early and that you don’t supinate as the low arm slot sometimes leads to.

im having trouble visualizing it. but i guess it would be low 3/4 i dont no. But i dont see why there would be any arm promblems if the rest of your mechanics are solid. Sometimes if you change your arm slot, it could mess up other parts of your mechanics. Maybe if there was a viedo someone on this site or I could check.

Daniel Bard, on the right:

That’s the angle. I’d imagine I have a quicker stride and I’m lower to the ground. I can’t get a video in today, I’m way too sore from weight lifting, I’ll try tomorrow.

Is this considered side arm or a low 3/4?

Wow that seems right in the middle of what i call side arm and low 3/4
but i would say low low 3 quarter close idn.

What should I do to prevent injury from throwing this way, if it’s healthy in the first place?

I think it would be healthy if you throw like this time after time after time. Talking about daniel bard with an arm angle like yours, you said, his problem is he drops hes arm angle sometimes and either gets hurt or lose 3-5 mph of his fastball. also you need to stay in that arm angle if your going to throw a slider or curve (some breaking ball)