My name is Graham, I live in canada. I am a RHP 5’6.5 115 Pounds. Max out at around 53. 12 years old almost 13, just finished 2nd year of Peewee A baseball as I failed to make the AA team. It was the first time I had ever tried out so I was really nervous. I had pitched twice in games before and was now expected to pitch. I had arm soreness throughout my years of baseball but not as much this year. These were the few stats I was given - pitched the most inings on the team in 13 games with 20 innings 40K’s and i only gave up 10 hits. I would consider myself a control picther.
I gave up alot of runs due to either poor or terrible feilding as in one game were i gave up six runs in three innings 5 runs offf of errors.
Goals I have
- Improve Velocity
- Even though i am more of a control pitcher i still walk to many people in a different game 4IP out of the only six innings it took for our team to mercy the other team. 8K’s 5 BB 3 runs 2 earned. How do I walk less batters?
- Build muscle on arm to try and get rid of arm soreness.
I have alot of questions
- What exercises Weight/Non Weight can I do to stengethn my arm? Would the soreness be from growing pains?
- Should I play alot of catch? What should I eat? How should I build velocity?
- I have heard that if you run after you pitch it gets rid of the soreness, Is this true?
- At the end of our teams season I burnt out from pitching that much, What are possible contributing factors and how can I build stamina?
I throw a 4 seam and a 2 seam fastball, I have tried a three finger changeup but not in a game or very often ( Just a few times). Should I add a changeup or a different pitch?
Graham 8) [/size][size=12][/size][/color]