question

not that i did or will ever do it but does going on the mound drunk would be illegal in any way?

I mean not being completly KO but just with a couple beers or something would it actually get i’m punished?

[quote=“4pie”]not that i did or will ever do it but does going on the mound drunk would be illegal in any way?

I mean not being completly KO but just with a couple beers or something would it actually get i’m punished?[/quote]

Most amateur teams — and all schools — require that the players sign a form agreeing to adhere to a set of rules and policies set forth by the team / organization / school (these are often called “training rules”).

These rules ALWAYS include a policy in regard to alcohol, drugs, and controlled substances. Generally speaking, an athlete who is caught breaking the rules will be reprimanded — depending on the situation, it could be anything from suspension to getting thrown off the team.

In any case, mixing alcohol and athletics is a BAD IDEA. The first thing you lose, when drinking, is your judgment and ability to react. That said, you would be putting yourself in a dangerous, possibly life-threatening situation. Even one drink could be enough to affect your body and mind in such a way that you can’t get out of the way of a 90+ MPH ball coming off a bat and right at your head.