Protein

What does protein do. I want to buy some flavorless powder to mix in water
but can’t find any

Basic nutritional profile of protein: “In animals, amino acids are obtained through the consumption of foods containing protein. Ingested proteins are broken down through digestion, which typically involves denaturation of the protein through exposure to acid and hydrolysis by enzymes called proteases. Some ingested amino acids are used for protein biosynthesis, while others are converted to glucose through gluconeogenesis, or fed into the citric acid cycle. This use of protein as a fuel is particularly important under starvation conditions as it allows the body’s own proteins to be used to support life, particularly those found in muscle.[23] Amino acids are also an important dietary source of nitrogen.” (Wikipedia)

Whey protein is a dairy byproduct that is basically extremely concentrated protein with little fat or carbs.

As for a flavorless powder, I’m not sure that they have that for whey (they do for creatine and other stuff). You can find different flavors of protein like fruit punch in addition to the normal chocolate and vanilla. Whey protein isolate is a purer and more expensive variety than Whey protein concentrate (WPI and WPC on most labels).

This place has been pretty good for protein prices: http://www.affordablesupplements.com/protein.asp

thank you i bought some fruit punch flavor protein cause chocolate looks nasty :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

we like the muscle milk that you mix yourself. has a ton of calories when using milk that most guys need.

if you can cut sugar (no pop(soda) or candy) and starch out of your diet and eat protien, fruit, vegetables and eggs, that is the best diet to build lean muscle that most adolescent pitchers are looking for.