Progress Update ... Check in!

So fill us in on how the early part of your season is going? Give us the update on your situation, what you’re dealing with, what you’re working on, what your goals are? I look forward to hearing how baseball’s going for you this early MArch!

First day of mandatory practices start tomorrow for me.

Right now my weight room numbers are average for 175lbs bodyweight.

310x1 Squat
165x1 Bench Press
370x1 Deadlift

Sitting at ~80mph still. Once I start regular throwing I should be able to put some velocity on.

[quote=“wwRHP”]First day of mandatory practices start tomorrow for me.

310x1 Squat
165x1 Bench Press
370x1 Deadlift[/quote]

AVERAGE?

Nice try. :wink:

Mark Rippetoe’s intermediate 1RM “basic strength standards” for the weight class of 181 pounds are:

Squat: 269 (advanced is 367)
Bench Press: 201 (novice is 164)
Deadlift: 315 (advanced is 438)

Well into the intermediate class for your squat/deadlift, which is way more important than your bench press anyway. :slight_smile:

Definitely not average. Definitely very good work. Good luck this season.

[quote=“kyleb”][quote=“wwRHP”]First day of mandatory practices start tomorrow for me.

310x1 Squat
165x1 Bench Press
370x1 Deadlift[/quote]

AVERAGE?

Nice try. :wink:

Mark Rippetoe’s intermediate 1RM “basic strength standards” for the weight class of 181 pounds are:

Squat: 269 (advanced is 367)
Bench Press: 201 (novice is 164)
Deadlift: 315 (advanced is 438)

Well into the intermediate class for your squat/deadlift, which is way more important than your bench press anyway. :slight_smile:

Definitely not average. Definitely very good work. Good luck this season.[/quote]

Thanks.

I only say they are average because I’m average to the individuals who I lift with and compare myself too. The football players at my school are weight room animals. Numerous 400+lb squats and deadlifts.

An example of one of these guys is matt rosensweet. Just google his name and look at his powerlifting numbers. Hes in my class and we are decent friends. He makes my numbers look like nothing.