Professional Baseball

I pitch for a small D3 school in central Illinois. I am 19, 6’3" and 180 lbs RHP. I’ve got long arms, big hands and am very lanky. My body has yet to fully develop and my 2 seam when I’m feeling good can hit 85 to 87. I have a decent curveball and a changeup that I can control pretty well. I’ve beaten odds all my life to get to where I am. My question, is what do I need to do to make it to professional baseball? I think I can do it, I just need to know what I need to work on and what I need to do to get there.

Well, unfortunately velocity is one. There’s many rumored, and some proven ways to legitimately increase velocity. TUFFCUFF is one of them, if you haven’t tried that, it’s sponsored through this site.

As far as other things, just be good. I know that sounds cliche or simplistic, but if you are dominating your D3 competition, a scout will find out and eventually be watching you. It just goes from there if they like what they see. Otherwise, MLB has about 20 tryouts in front of scouts every year, you sign up and bring your own equipment and follow through their drills, you could get signed that way. If you really want to be seen you can try any other number of routes to get your name out there. But once again, the main thing is to be excellent on the mound, be the ace, beat the hitters, be smarter than the hitters, and you have a good chance of being scouted, no matter where you’re playing.