Problem with Fastball

A few week ago until now, when i throw a fastball, it’s had some things wrong. Some time it fly like curve, some time slider, and sometime fork. I don’t know why? Help me? :? :? :?

Everything but a fastball? WOW! That sounds like me—except that I did have everything but a fastball. Seriously, there are a few issues that you need to take a look at. First of all, are you, perhaps without being aware of it, using different grips? That could account for it. And are you, perhaps, using different wrist actions without being aware that you’re doing that? This too could account for it. You need to stop and take a good look at just what you’re doing. That’s the first step. I would need to know more before I proceed further. get back to me. :slight_smile:

When take a look my mechanic, i saw that my hand and hip turn the same time. That is good or not? :? :? :? .

The ideal situation is for a pitcher to do what I have seen many major leaguers do—what I used to do in my playing days: drive off the lower half of the body, using the legs, the hips and the torso in one continuous motion, which not only generates the power behind the pitches but also takes a lot of pressure off the arm and the shoulder so that they seem to be just going along for the ride. You may be rushing things there—releasing the ball way too early. 8)

See if you’re accidentally throwing the ball the wrong way. When I picked up the changeup, I accidentally used a karate-chop motion and it always had a curveball break, then I found out I was using curveball action on my arm, which even with the correct changeup grip, gave me a curveball.

My fastball is wild, so don’t take my word for it, but don’t do anything other than just hurl it forward. Ideally you want the ball to have backspin if you’re throwing a straight 4-seamer.

Yeah. Maybe my ball isn’t backspin. I feel tat. My friends told me that too.
But i don’t know why.:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: When throw 4 seams, the ball must be backspin-i think that.
And with Zita, i throw the ball too early, i think it is right and i will fix it soonly as i can. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

take a look at your mechanics and keep your wrist straight and make sure you got the right grip on the four seamer. andyou might e off center giveing it a cutting action like the slider