Pre-Workout, Post-Workout, Stacking? Whats is it all?

what exactly is pre-workout, post-workout, and stacking supplements and drinks.

i know pre-workout is supposed to help you get extra reps and build more muscle but what is post-workout supplements and stacking?

When you workout, you deplete muscle glycogen (the storage form of carbohydrates). Glycogen is the primary fuel your muscles use for energy production; therefore, optimizing glycogen stores is important and it’s one of the reasons energy levels decrease when reducing carbs.

Subsequently, after a workout, your muscles are like sponges, ready to absorb everything and anything you feed them, which is why you need to focus on the quality of this meal.

Moreover, not only is it important to feed your muscle the carbohydrates they need to promote glycogen synthesis, but it’s also crucial to feed some protein to stimulate protein synthesis and inhibit what’s known as proteolysis (protein breakdown).

Finally, this feeding is important because if done correctly, it can positively affect the hormonal milieu by naturally increasing growth hormone and insulin, which are both potent hormones necessary for muscle growth

what this means is when you workout your body uses the essential needs such as protein and thats why its important to have something like a protein shake after a workout to replenish your body. this will also aid recovery (you wont be sore as long)

as for stacking what that means is taking different supplements together. like having creatine before a workout and then a multi vitamin and a protein shake afterwords. I hope this helped.

You could have just posted the link that you copied from…

If you’re going to weight lift; I’m assuming your not on any sort of program right now, get a schedule going for your self. Preworkout is probably the most important meal of the day! Why? Because this the meal that’ll be supplying the nutrients, and energy you need going into your workout.

I usually have a 1-1.5 cups of oats, 16-20 oz milk, about 24-30 grams of whey protein, and a table spoon of penut butter/1tbsp of olive oil with flax seed about 2.5 hours before my workout. Also, if you want, add a bananna to the shake, or eat it. Sometimes I even add honey to the shake, and take out the penut butter. Not to mention, about 3-4 hours before hand, I take a multivitamin.

Also, aim for 5-6 meals a day. And try and have protein at each meal. This will help maintain a postive nitrogen balace. And do not neglect fiber! So eat your fruits and vegetables! Good luck, and drink plenty of water!

Stacking references to certain products that snynergize with each other.