Pre Season Soreness

Ive been experiencing some soreness in my throwing shoulder and elbow. This isnt that abnormal for me as i had to take some time off last year for medial tendonitis. Do you think it will go away as i build up more arm strength this season? Last year it was a problem because i would be sore so i wouldnt throw at all until i had to pitch again so my arm and body was prepared to pitch because i had not been throwing inbetween

Do you mind me asking, how old are you and what is your height?

14, about 5’3”. Havent hit a major growth spurt yet. If it matters i throw in the low to mid 60s

Early season soreness can be caused by under use, that is, if you haven’t thrown in a while and did not complete a proper preseason throwing program. That said, you did have an elbow injury last year, which you call “medial tendinitis”, which may or may not be accurate. You need to stop throwing and see an orthopedic surgeon trained in sports medicine. Seeing anyone else increases the chance of a misdiagnosis.

It was medial epicondylitis

I am an old guy, 55. When I was in high school I was cut my Junior year as my elbow tendinitis was prevalent, I was a late grower. My son who now is 16 had his elbow issues his freshman year and was very limited his freshman year but has had no issues for a year and a half. He was also having hip issues his freshman year. We, his doctor and myself feel it had to do with his rapid growth. Just give it time, listen to your body. Take it easy and error on the side of caution. Worry about pitching after the pain goes away (for months).