Pre-Game stretching

I am sure that stretching before pitching is a good way to get loose and help keep away injuries, but i have been wondering what exactly should i stretch or what stretchs should i do to help keep me loose and not injury prone?

The latest research indicates that static stretching before a game is not the best way to prepare. In fact, it can actually degrade your performance. The current recommendations are for doing a “dynamic warmup” before the game and save the static stretching for after the game.

Look in
http://letstalkpitching.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4659][u]this thread[/u
for a dynamic warm-up routine I used with my team.

[quote=“Roger”]The latest research indicates that static stretching before a game is not the best way to prepare. In fact, it can actually degrade your performance. The current recommendations are for doing a “dynamic warmup” before the game and save the static stretching for after the game.

Look in
http://letstalkpitching.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4659][u]this thread[/u
for a dynamic warm-up routine I used with my team.[/quote]

Listen to Roger on this one. He knows, he knows. I amazed at the fact that even at the pro level they still do stretching techniques that are prehistoric and can cause more harm then good.

Problem with getting the new stuff out is parents feel, “well this pro or that pro does it this way so it must be good.”

So many people are all for scientific and cutting edge when it comes to a bat but when it comes to the body they want to stick with the old stuff because some pros still do it.

That started to ramble didnt’ it? Sorry. Dynamic is the way to go pre-game!

Don’t stretch.

As Roger says it is pointless to dangerous.

Do some progressive long toss to warm up your arm slowly.

TheNumber35
You’ve received good advice from all 3 here.

First off, thanks

Its a good thing all you guys told me this because my 13 and up league coach last year told me to stretch before every game and do the “dynamic” stuff later
i knew there was a reason that i pitched better when i ran around and got warmed up versus my stretching :smiley: