Pre Game Energy?

What can I eat that will give me a good amount of energy for a game?

Oatmeal, Spaghetti, brown rice, whole wheat bread, etc… Complex carbs ftw!

Healthy fats, lean proteins, etc…

Having a meal plan, and sticking to it, and making sure to stay well hydrated throughout the day.

what are some things that I can bring on the road?

Oh, on the road… Hmm…

Peanuts, Almonds, sunflower seeds to snack on…

Protein bars if you want, depending on how good they are ingredient wise…

Kashi Cereal comes to mind…

Umm… Not sure what else, how far on the trips usually? When I used to go outside of my city, or on the way to my games, I would just sip on some Free form BCAA’s, and maybe add wpi to that occasionally…

I also used a slow digestive protein, too, but no longer use that since I’m lactose intolerant, and cannot digest it…

Oh, Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches should also work, too…

Heck, I used to snack on granola bars, too…

wow, you beat me too it. I have been looking for a chance to add this up in here about pre-game energy. But, thanks. Saved some time for me :stuck_out_tongue: but I have found peanutbutter sandwiches with some sunflower seeds its a big boost for me. I have also started Carbohydrate loading and depleting and I feel little more energized. Next im Water loading, im a little scared about it. I have read so many stories about people dieing from water overloading and drowning. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Water loading? Never heard of that before? Personally, I would just drink throughout the day, and take notice to how you’re feeling… I’m aim for 3-4 clear pee’s a day, lol…

From experience, one thing I also like doing is drinking lemon water (lemon juice added to water), and I sip on that… It helps with digestion, and keeps me feeling good… If you’re able to keep the tanks clean, two-one, you’ll probably notice a difference in energy levels throughout the day… :slight_smile: Anyways… Let me know how it goes, I’ve never heard of someone doing this before- maybe if there trying to shed water due to a high sodium intake, but ehh, I’m always willing to learn about a new thing…

yeah, what I just started last week was drinking and energy drink with some NO-xplode about 45mins before workout, and man. I feel no fatigue, completly focus and fully energized, the only problem is if you do cardio pre workout like I do, you get a small stomach ache, but it doesnt bother me. The only time I dont do it is when im working on my core and chest. but, lbarber, there was another thread about getting toned and I still havent tryed the water-loading, I’m gonna try it this weekend. I will keep you updated.

Alright, cool, glad to see your workouts going well! Funny that mention stomach ache, I’m just about to update my log noting it…

You shouldn’t do cardio before a workout cause it will fatigue you and you wont be able to maximize your lifts. You should do it after a workout.