Practice spikes vs. game spikes

I had an idea… and was wondering if it would be practical. I was thinking about buying a nice pair of game spikes, and then also buying a cheap pair of rubber cleats to use in practice (for comfort)… is this practical? And would it have any negative effect on me?

Depends on where you’re practicing your pitching. If you practice inside during the winter, there are some good workout shoes you can get that have nubs instead of cleats. If you are talking about pitching outside, wear your regular cleats. It doesn’t make sense to me to practice differently than you play (unless by necessity you’re indoors).

Hose

It’s generally what I do.

I pitch and play first base, so I practice in a comfortable pair of supportive high top Nikes that can be played at pitcher and first base.

I then have 2 pairs of game cleats, one for pitching, and one for first base 8).

[quote=“strikeone”]It’s generally what I do.

I pitch and play first base, so I practice in a comfortable pair of supportive high top Nikes that can be played at pitcher and first base.

I then have 2 pairs of game cleats, one for pitching, and one for first base 8).[/quote]

Ok, seems like overkill to me, but then I had to work as a busboy and deliver papers just to get one pair when I was playing.

Hose

strikeone, whats the point of wearing different spikes for 1st and pitcher. are the ones for pitcher any different?

^ Yes.

The pair for 1st base is a more aggressive pair (below):

And the pitchers pair is a very comfortable cleat from '97:

yoo strikeone where do ya get those 97’s?

^ I got them on eBay for like $33. They’re mad comfy…

The model info is:

[i]Nike Show Elite 3/4

Produced in 1997

Model #: 115066 011[/i]

^ im gonna check that out

^ lmk if you need any help…I got hook-ups too 8)