Power-Pronation: An Alternative Way For Pitchers To Throw

A new article written by veteran baseball writer Steve Krah (SABR) explaining the use of the Power-Pronation technique. More power less pain. Try it out.Power-Pronation

Is that the correct link? It seems like it’s something else

1 Like

Not sure what you are talking about. Try this then: https://takeoutyourscorecards.wordpress.com/2019/07/19/power-pronation-an-alternative-way-for-pitchers-to-throw

1 Like

Thank you! The other one was pulling up some sort of business class looking thing on a Google doc

For those who may still be having a difficult time understanding arm pronation and when it should occur in the delivery, I found an article by Oates Specialties that explains the process. Here is a portion of the article

" As I have mentioned in those previous blogs, pronation is a naturally occurring process, but because a baseball is so light and the arm is traveling at such a high speed, the body needs to be trained so that it can pronate as early as possible. Pronation should begin to occur the moment that the baseball is released from the hand. Many pitchers don’t pronate until well after the ball has left the hand, and in fact, there are some who don’t pronate at all. By pronating as early as possible, the arm will not straighten out at the elbow, preventing the banging that often occurs, especially after breaking balls.

But pronating with the arm is not the only movement an athlete should be focused on. Once the pitcher releases the ball and begins to pronate, he must also continue rotating over his front side. The pitcher’s trunk must keep rotating both forward over the landing leg knee and also around it so that the arm has more of an opportunity to decelerate while tension free. If the trunk stops rotating then the arm, which is still traveling at a high rate of speed, will be forced to slow down on its own, and the only way it can accomplish this is by straightening out across the body causing a banging to occur at both the elbow and shoulder.

With these two thoughts in mind: pronation as early as possible at release and continued trunk rotation"

Continue to read the full article here PRONATION DRILLS: WHY ATHLETES AT THE TEXAS BASEBALL RANCH ARE AHEAD OF THE GAME

image image image

Steve C

If you live in NJ as your icon states, then perhaps you can see what power-pronation is all about as I do demonstrations in the NY, NJ, PA area (having lived and work in various locations in these states). Feel free to let me know if you are available.