Post your pitching exercises

I do these exercises with a 5 and 8lb weight. I found them here: http://www.thecompletepitcher.com/pitching_workouts.htm
and I have been doing them for about a year.

Rotator cuff exercises: Full can raise: Standing straight. Squeeze shoulder blades together and raise weight, thumbs up, to shoulder height at a 45° angle. Return to start position in a slow, controlled manner. These shoulder conditioning exercises are sometimes called Jobe or Jobes exercises. A complete series of these exercises start on page 35 in TUFFCUFF.

Rotator cuff exercises: Anterior raise: Standing straight, squeeze shoulder blades together and raise weight straight forward from side to shoulder height. Return to start position in a slow, controlled manner. These shoulder conditioning exercises are sometimes called Jobe or Jobes exercises. A complete series of these exercises start on page 35 in TUFFCUFF.

Rotator cuff exercises: Lateral raise: Standing straight, squeeze shoulder blades together and raise weight straight outward from side to shoulder height and return to start position in a slow, controlled manner. These shoulder conditioning exercises are sometimes called Jobe or Jobes exercises. A complete series of these exercises start on page 35 in TUFFCUFF.

Rotator cuff exercises: Post delt: Bending at waist, arms hanging down freely. Squeeze shoulder blades together and bring weight straight out to shoulder height. Return to start position in a slow, controlled manner.

I also do alot more than this, but they are all on a bowflex. I also do push ups, sit ups, crunches and leg work.[/url]

You can find tons of em in the Pitching Workouts & Nutrition sub-forum

pretty good set of jobe style stuff. similar to what we do. you can search my name and find out core workout in past posts that include our shoulder series. everyone should be doing something. especially through the season.

Not sure why they are showing delt exercises and calling them rotator cuff exercises. The ant. lat. and post delts are not part of the rotator cuff.

Full can works supraspinatus so it involves some rotator work but you really need to add some internal and external rotation work to fully work the rotator cuff.

Lat pulldowns will help protect the rotator cuff muscles from impingment syndromes due to too much delt work. Its balance you want in the shoulder, strong delts with weak smaller muscles can be the cause of shoulder troubles.